How do you transition from dating to a relationship? Help guys?

I am in my last semester of college and have been dating a guy for two and half months. He's met my friends, he takes me on dates, we cook for each other, we spend the night with each other about 2- 3 times a week at the very minimum. He's met my parents and I have met his, we've both verbally made it clear we like each other. The only problem is... We have never had the "what are we conversation". I don't know if we are exclusive boyfriend and girlfriend and I definitely would like to be. I'm not sure if he already assumes we are exclusive or the opposite.. that maybe He doesn't want to be exclusive. I don't want to be pushy and have this conversation but it's starting to bug me, we're both pretty calm and carefree people and I would never want to freak him out getting all serious on him... Advice?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like you already have the dynamics of a relationship. All you have to do is talk to each other about it. Just ask him if he is ready to be exclusive and make it an official relationship. If he really likes you then he won't freak out or anything, he'll either want to go ahead and make it official or he'll tell you he needs more time and wants to wait. Either way, you'll have a clear answer and know more than you do right now.

• How do I start that conversation? I'm terrified. I know it's all about taking leaps of faith but..

• Just bring it up casually. Say that you would like to talk, mention that you like where things are going with him, and then just ask if he is ready to make things official and call it a real relationship.

• "I'd like to introduce you as my boyfriend. You ok with that?"