What age do you think it is best for people to start dating?

• 14 or younger
  • 15-17
  • 18-21
  • 22 or more

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 20 and didn't feel ready until this year. I'm sure I could've managed around 16, but I felt like my attention and energy should be focused on myself. I didn't want my self-esteem to depend on some teenage jackass. I dropped 30 pounds, found some new hobbies and I feel like I'd be a much better girlfriend now that I'm more confident and balanced 😊

Even now, I wouldn't mind waiting another year or two.

What Guys Said 8

• I think it's best to get started on dating early. My first could-be-called-girlfriend was when I was 11 years old. I learned some things. My first serious girlfriends were when I was 15, 16; I also learned some things, and not only was it a learning experience, it was very nice; I still think about some of the times we had back then. It was really surreal. Stuff like laying on the grass looking at the stars; getting the first taste of independence, and going to jog together in the morning; introducing the S. O. to parents. Learning how to act in front of an S. O.'s parents. etc. My first fiance was when I was 17; I learned a lot of things. Like not to get married.

And, I think it's good to get attached to someone early on, because chances are it's going to fall apart, and you're going to be really upset over it. I think it's good to feel that early on, so that you know what it's like when you're grown. And that you also develop a bit of caution in just throwing yourself all in.

22 is way too old to start dating. Then you have no practice. You don't know what to do. You need the experiences to really be good at it. That brings up something. Dating as an adult is significantly different than dating as a teenager, though... But, I still think dating as a teen, or even as a child, can be a good learning experience. Well. Maybe it's not so different for women; I don't know. But expectations for males jumps up like over 9,000. But, the typical dating is the same, more or less. Which means getting experience early on means you're all the better at it as an adult.

Also honestly. Why miss out on the youthful joys? I don't get it. Why put it off willingly? I would understand if it was like sex; caution should be used at a younger age. But just dating? No reason not to as early as possible, in my opinion.

• Not everyone has the chance to date, you know. All the guys I've liked have never liked me back, which is why I'm a soon-to-be 21 year old with no dating experience. Not really much I can do about that lol. And 22 is still very young, and a good time to have new dating experiences. It just depends on the person and the circumstances.

• @lumos Unbelievable, Those guys must be blind and lost thier mimd.😖😲

• I would suggest between 24-28 years of age

• 8th grade
    Fun stuff like school dances.
    14?

• I've never had a girlfriend but I see nothing wrong if

• when they're old enough, mature enough to find a good mate.

• I'd suggest dating in high school really. Get those awkward first dates over before people start to expect that you know what you're doing.

• 18, that way, there's no legal problems with sleeping with minors

• 15-17 but nowadays teenagers are just in front of computers, cellphones just sad.

90s were the best times!

• What. Wait what! Your 25 how would you have any idea how teens date these days.
      I meet my boyfriend through a friend of our and we became quite good friends before we strated dating. Honestly stop judging our generation when you aren't living it.

• look around and you'll realize, go out and you'll see more than 70% teenagers have cellphones clicking on their phones like businessman, but they are trapped also called hooked.

I can tell you more about hooking people and getting them addicted to applications like snapcrap, facbuk and why it's so addicting. 90s I'm sure that were the best times!

What Girls Said 11

• I think you can have a boyfriend or girlfriend at any age. Middle school relationships are a thing, they just aren't very real haha how you date changes as you get older. I think going on actual dates and starting to try to have actual relationships should probably start around 16 when you can actually drive yourself places to do things. but everyone matures at different rates so it's hard to say what is right for everyone.

• 18-21 years old because you fully develop an idea of the world.

• When they feel ready.

• serious dating should be done at 18 I think.

• 15 or older, maybe chaperoned until 18

• There's no specific age it's whenever feels right for you

• 18-21 only because HS dating is never really taken serious from what I have seen.

• 10+ is fine to me.

• i feel both men and women kinda fully develope (or at least mature enough) to be in a realtionship at the age of 25

• I think people are generally ready to date if they evaluate themselves honestly as financially independent adults, willing to seek a lifelong partner. If a person is ready at 30, then so be it. If a person has a full-time well-paid job at 25, then there should be no limits. If a person is an emancipated teen, then the "teen" is socially and legally recognized as an adult and therefore should be free to pursue a spouse or partner. Hopefully, people tell their parents or loved ones that they are dating, so their loved ones can offer dating tips and advice from their own experiences.

• You can't really base everything on age, it is really about the maturity level of the person that wants to start dating.