Does being patient with a girl ever work?

4 months ago I had a fling with a friend who I've known for about a year. We slept together a couple of times and spent a couple of days out together. It was then over all of a sudden, she was awkward with me and when I asked if things were going further she said she doesn't want a relationship at the moment.

Usually I would cut off all contact at this point and run, but this girl is different. Two of our friends both said she likes me and she is to unstable at the moment to commit to me. She also admitted this to me last week, she said that at the moment nothing can happen but maybe in the future.

Just for the record, I'm in love with this girl and I would happily be patient if it was worth it. We still hang around with each other and text over the weekend. I can't cut off contact with her because of how close we are to our mutual friends.

I'm happy to be patient if it's really worth it for a few months anyway, but she isn't a girl who normally has relationships. Do I wait or try to move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to move on.. You love her but you got do this for yourself. You aren't even guaranteed a future with her so you gotta think about yours. I'm not saying just get into a relationship but don't mope around thinking about her. Workout more or try new things I don't know lol just move onnnn

What Girls Said 2

• did you know you were you in love with her before sex, or after?

• I liked her before! It was very immediate but we had been friends for over a year before. I didn't love her, but that's probably because there was no romantic connection before. Do it was after, but she was all over me during those 3 weeks, the went hot and cold.

• Girls are weird you can't understand us
    Leave the door open for her if she wants to come but you should move for the moment

• That's what I'm trying to do. I've been on a couple of dates and given other girls a chance but they just aren't her. That's when I end up being weak and getting back in contact

What Guys Said 3

• I have to think that she would have locked you down if she was happy with your performance.

When someone says'im not ready for a relationship ' the 'with you' is silent

• You might be right, but she refuses to just see me as a friend which I wouldn't be unhappy with. Her best friend thinks she's unsure about me, she really likes me but she thinks that she will do something stupid and mess it up too quickly at the moment. I've even said to her that if you don't want to be with me I'm happy to stay friends and be like we were before. She refuses it though.

• Tell her to shit or get off the pot.

• No. If you're not fucking her within 12 hours of meeting her, move onto the next. Plenty of women, why pin all your hopes on one.

• Move on. Girls are too flaky to waste time on like that.