So I asked my teacher for her number and got rejected, what now?

So I asked my teacher forher number before the Christmas holidays, and obviously she said no.
She's 25 and I'm 22, its a German private course. That was few days before the classes had ended and she didn't really talk to me much after I did that.
Fast forward to today which I got to see her again after the break, she kept looking at me and kept asking me questions, overall she was way more friendly and attentive than usual.

Am I thinking too much into this?
PS. This was actually the first girl I asked for her # which was probably a bad idea.

So some back story, she's very nice and bubbly. We went to a club with another teacher and 2 of my friends. We talked for an hour or so and she went downstairs and had bought me a beer. I asked if she had a boyfriend and she said she had broken up 5 days ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being she is a Professional, 'My teacher,' she was acting out of doing the right thing by not handing you her apple on a silver platter with this delicate matter here, dear.
    However, now that some time has passed and it is a new year, I also feel that she is letting bygones be bygones and she is Now.. Being polite to make it up to you.
    Don't wear your heart on your sleeve. Maybe if you were not in this 'German private course,' Of course... You might speak the same language.
    Good luck. xx

• We don't really have a grading system which would make it unethical, but I'm not sure because before the break we were supposed to have one class but now they have two because of the amount of people which I could transfer if she and I were to date.
      Also it's not the regular niceness it was before. Asks me for favors, answers, makes jokes about me... Etc. It's so obvious that other people have noticed it.

• Maybe too she is flattered... I don't think she will break any rues but who knows after the cozy course ends. lol
      Thank you though for your own Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Girls Said 11

• Because she's your teacher. It'd still be very strange.
    Student/teacher relationships are still looked down upon, even if you are of age. I had a professor give me his number, he was cute, but I didn't do anything with it. I think once you're OUT of her class, maybe try again. Then it won't be SO weird if you really feel like you want her.

• Why "obviously" in the first sentence?

Dude, she said no to you, but things are still not weird. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT AND RARE SITUATION.
    It is not that common for things to be perfectly normal after a rejection.

Leave it, until the course is over. If you MUST ask again, do it once everything is over. Then if you get a second "no", you won't have to see her again.

• You move on!

• Yes you're thinking too hard about this. She probably just wanted to break the ice and continue being just student and teacher, or you're blowing everything she does out of proportion because you're looking for signs that aren't there.
    She's your teacher, she rejected you, so leave it at that and stop thinking about it.

• she recently broke of so she didn't want to get into a another relationship that fast.
    with the stuff you wrote she seems to see you as a friend.

• Back off , she's trying to get over her break up.

• if she want to go out with you she'll tell you she is a big girls, YOU just do like it didn't happen and play along and if you really like her be friendly and flirty (i do not know if it's a word sorry for my english).

• Well, she said no because she is a working professional in education, who is instructing you. I wouldn't take this rejection to heart. You should try again, but not someone that is in an authoritative position might be better.

• I once tried to chat up my vet who was going through a divorce, needless to say its now very awkward if my pets become ill!

• She may feel it's unethical to give you her number She may be married or have a boyfriend. She rejected you so redirect your attention to someone else

• What now? Move on pretend it didn't happen.

What Guys Said 16

• Well, why would you ask your teacher her number? like you are interested in her or something? That was a bad idea yes, no doubt.

• Just let it go like it never happened. She is trying to go back to the way things were before because it's her job, and she might be trying a little too hard by the sounds of it. Kudos to you doing that though - I'd never be able to haha

• I'm guessing she wanted to wait until after class was over so that she wouldn't be violating any policies. Even if this is an adult course, there could be strict or prohibitive rules on dating/romantic interests between teachers/instructors and students. Since she broke up, there's a chance she's available to date.

• Nah, dude. That's pretty awesome you did that. From what you posted it sounds like you got her nervous when you asked her and she was unsure how to act. Plus she has her job to keep.

But it seems like she had time over the holidays to get on GAG and find out what she should do. And now she's giving you the attention you want, thanks to GAG feedback, and maybe you should go in for the kill now. Hahah. Well, I am slightly serious anwayz. But good job hitting on the hot teacher either way!

• She might just be trying to be friendly, but it can't hurt to ask again, so long as you can handle being rejected again. Maybe she turned you down because you were her student. It's a tricky situation.

• Approach other girls and get their numbers. Don't let one girl slow you down. Meet more women and eventually you'l find one you'll like and likely stay around with for a while.

• Uh, she had a boyfriend when she told you "no", and now she doesn't so she's signaling to you to ask again. Why not? I know a woman's actions have to be crazy and unintelligible, but maybe in this case it's exactly what it appears to be.

Could happen right?

• well keep in mind though that if somebody knows that you like them they like you a little bit more. dont let this be the reasoning for doing something stupid tho

• mean to say I masturbated for nothing?

• lol you're crazy man. but yea i think she likes you

• You ask her again !

• Back off man. You can get her fired. Think about her situation and not just your own.

• If she said no she's a fucking bitch so to Hell with her

• ur a brave moefoe

• xD man she must be really hot, ask her in german xD

• Sorry but your teacher is too busy fucking this student to go on dates with you.

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...c-b690-e5bfb92f0a18.jpg