Guys, would you perceive a girl (that you kind of like) who responds to your messages immediately as clingy?

If a girl , that you are seeing and/or like, responds to your (facebook) messages immediately, would you think she is clingy?
Or would you prefer her to seen-zone you and respond to your messages later?

Since last week, I am seeing a guy (he used to go to my high school, last time I saw him was 5 years ago). He lives in a different city, and he said he would stay in touch with me. When he sends me a message, I respond immediately, but it takes him hours to respond to mine. Am I being clingy? Should I also responds hours later to his messages as well?

• Yes, responding to his messages immediately is clingy
  • No, it's not clingy.
  • Other (comment)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just think they have nothing else going on and can respond quickly. Also I like it that way. But that's my personality on that. I prefer to have things done in a timely matter. Work, conversations, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont find it clingy but I have the same problem. When Im talking to someone I like, Im so excited that I get all speedy when texting. Deep down i get impatient if they dont reply on time, but I dont let them know that. But when i talk to a guy who replies just like *snaps* that, I dont even know how to react! I love it because I feel that he's just as excited to talk to me too :)

What Guys Said 8

• Jesus Christ, even if a guy does think it's clingy, he's a jackass.
    Why would that be clingy? It should be considered normal.

• Well, I don't see that as clingy at all. You're sitting there, you see the messages, and you like the guy so you respond. It's really simple, actually.

Speaking from the male perspective, I'd like it.

Also, there's gonna be a time when you're just too busy to respond right away like you've been doing, and when that time comes just get back to him later.

• No that is 0% clingy... the problem would have been if she would have not replied immediately and I would consider her to be flake

• No it's not clingy... It just means she like me for real... :-)

• No, it means interested

• He probably has other things to do, like a job. I for one think that's excellent that you try to keep in touch.

• No, I just assume she's sat at her computer replying...

• not clingy just a dream come true

What Girls Said 2

• Reading a message then waiting to reply is kinda childish, its just a game. I don't play it anymore.

• Not really sure hard to tell depends on the person