Is age difference a big deal?

I'm 15 and a freshman in highschool and he's 13 in 7th grade We met last summer, been really good friends for awhile, and we've kissed (He was my first kiss) He wants to date me and I want to date him but I always thought the age difference was weird and we wouldn't get to see each other too often but I decided I'd ask Do you think that is it too big of an age difference and it would be too weird to date him?

• Yes That is weird Move on
  • No Go for it Date him

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay... I got you. Hi.

I was in your shoes once. My boyfriend is 20. I am 22. I will be 23 before he turns 21.

I met him when I was 14 and he was 12. We also wanted to date when I was 15 and he was 13... and that was the WORST decision ever haha

We were too young. Too immature. Too sheltered.

You can't drive. You can't pay for dates. You can't get into decent movies. You think his parents are going to warm right up to you dating their son? No. They're not. They'll view you as a predator.

13 is too young. 15 is too young.

18 and 16 is much better.

22 and 20 is even better.

30 and 28 is even better.

The age gap isn't a big deal... except at your age. It gets less of a big deal as you age.

He is NOT mature enough for a relationship. TRUST me. He's not. If it's meant to be, it'll be meant to be in a couple years when life will be more on your side.

• I doubt anyone under 20 is mature enough for a relationship, and even 20-30s seem to often have major issues. I think they should just do it, even if they wait like 3 years it probably wouldn't be a lasting thing either way.

What Guys Said 7

• 2 years is fine, that's not a problem, but then I would say you are a little young to date. It's your choice.

• At your age it's quite a big difference, but the closer to age 20 you get the less the age difference will matter. It's your choice, but the best course of action would be to stay friends and see where you're both at when you're a bit older.

• It doesn't matter how old you are it matters if you are happy with what you do if you want to date him date him

• Generally high school relationships are considered normal within 2 years. Otherwise people might judge you, but you don't have to worry about that.

• I'm 31 and my girlfriend is 22. Trust me, 2 years is nothing to worry about!

• It's not a bad age gap. It's just the timing. If you were both 3 years older than you are now it would probably be okay. Maybe wait a few years and see how you both feel then

• Well it's certainly not going to be a lasting relationship in either case, so why wait?

• @frozenhorizon well either they will both wait or one or the other will find someone else

• My first relationship was her at 16 and me at 14. I think it just bottles down to how you are as a person.

No one even batted an eye at it. Whether that was because I was rather mature and tall or just that it isn't as big a deal as some people think I wouldn't know.

What Girls Said 5

• I would say you can date friendly now, not much serious sexual things until you're older. I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 18 we've been together for a year, so the older you get the less weird it will seem because all the 20-somethings do it out there.
    Just take it slow and if you're still interested in dating each other in the long run in a few years, it's a pretty good start to a serious relationship because you already know each other so well.

• wow but your 15~ he 13~ I guess you must really like him! I say sure why not?

• I think that he is too young to go on a date.

• Women it's just 2 years it's nothing! Live your life fully!!

• A 2 year age difference is less of a big deal the older you get, but between a 13 year old and 15 year old? That's disturbing. I'm pretty sure as a 13 year old boy he's barely hit puberty yet whereas you as a 15 year old girl should already be starting to look like a woman. Not to mention the fact that you SHOULD be eons more mature than him.