How would you feel if a girl texted you first?

I met this guy a couple of months ago. We have hung out a couple of times (with friends and out to dinner). In the beginning he use to initiate contact all the time but since we have hung out he initiates less but always responds to my text and responds quickly acting normal. He has mentioned that when I'm free we should get dinner again but has not directly asked me out. Whenever I initiate texting I usually wait about 3 days. Guys, how would you feel about a girl texting you first/what is this dude thinking?

What Guys Said 2

• Ideally, I assume many guys would be fine with it.

What is this dude thinking, you asked? Perhaps he's chasing reciprocity out of fear of rejection. And, as such, he has preemptively indirectly asked you out. In addition to reducing his efforts to initiate contacting you. That is, until he

That, or he genuinely expects you to respond to his indirect invite before he resumes pursuing you again.

• I would be happy receiving the first text, means I know there is interest.

What Girls Said 1

• They'd be happy if they were into her. If they were not, they'd be slightly annoyed.