How do you deal with a jealous girl?

I've only started dating this girl about 3 weeks now and definitely has a jealous streak. I have a few close female friends and she doesn't like them one bit. It does annoy me but she has had a few men treat her badly in the past and I think that she thinks that eventually I'll do her wrong. She's beautiful , gorgeous body, the sweetest personality. she's perfect in my eyes it's just this one thing. How do I deal with it? I know she would be happy if I stopped having contact with my female friends. But I just don't know what to do. Have you ever been in this situation or are you the jealous type?

• Break off contact with my female friends
  • Break up with my girlfriend
  • Try and reason with her
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Jealous people are hard to deal with - I know because I'm the jealous type, and I think I've driven a few guys crazy. :P But I can say that I've improved. I think I realise one aspect of my jealousy problem was that I have low self-esteem. I used to be crazy, CRAZY jealous, back when I completely hated myself. I've found now that as my self-esteem has slowly gotten a bit better, my jealousy issues have become less severe. If this is the case with your girlfriend, you will want to try to help her out subtly with her self-esteem. Remind her that she is beautiful, reassure her etc. Compliment her every now and then. Of course, building self-esteem isn't this simple, but it will help. She might have other problems which contributed to her jealousy which you might not be able to do much about. I know that with me, I think another part of my issues was that my parents were/are emotionally absent from my life. They were never emotionally there for me, never made me feel good about myself, it felt like they didn't care so my self-esteem is low as a result. It made me feel like people didn't want me so I needed constant reassurance and got jealous easily if attention was on other people. If she had a similar situation, it is something that she needs to realise and work on herself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Reason with her. Don't attempt to appease her by distancing yourself from your friends, as it would simply serve as a temporary, situational fix. And would do little, if that, to resolve her underlying trust and self-esteem issues.

What Girls Said 12

• Try to reason with her first, and give her a little time to see if she calms down once she realizes these other girls are your long-time friends and not rivals for your affection or anything. If she doesn't mellow out after that, you should probably leave her, because a constantly jealous relationship is not a healthy one.

• Honestly you just have to try to reason with her and make her feel as secure as possible.

• I'm sorry but girls like this just dont improve. Jealousy is s thing *they* need to fix before they ever get in a relationship and no matter how hard you try to reassure her, she will literally drain everything out of you till you've had enough. You should never compromise your friendships for anybody. A good and genuine person would welcome the people you appreciate in your life, that's what healthy people do. She is quite selfish. Your relationship won't last, mark my words.

• Talk to her about the problem. Pretending that your problem does not exist can never make the situation better. The only manner to deal with a jealous girlfriend is to confront her. Ask her about her feelings, the negative experience and emotions that have affected her in such way.

• Try and reason with her

• Well, think. You were friends with them before you were dating her, so if you had a romantic interest in your good friends wouldn't you have made a move already?

• Try and reason with her and give her time? Invite her to hang out with your female friends sometimes?

• I did invite her but she wasn't too happy about that. I know people are saying break up with her but I know deep down I won't do it so I just need a way to keep everyone happy.

• She has to give a little for you to make everyone happy. Doesn't she have any guy friends? If I was in your situation, I wouldn't break up either. Very rarely will you find some perfect to you.

• She needs to get some confidence and stop lol Thats my personal opinion. Trust is a major part of a relationship. My boyfriend is allowed to hang with anyone just like I am because we trust each other. Might wanna have a talk with her about it.

• Make her feel like the most important person in ur life and she'll be fine.

• Comprising, don't hang one on one in a private place with the girls and if ur girlfriend asks to see a text or something let her. Maybe invite her along sometime when u hang with your friends. Things like this to a long way

• If you're serious about her you'd do whatever it takes to make her happy.

• Try to reason with her, then, failing that (it will probably fail, girls like that are rarely reasonable), break up with her. You shouldn't have to ditch your mates for some overly-controlling crazy chick.

What Guys Said 13

• Well no, I have never been in this situation because I have always been single. Coming to your situation, there are two things:

1. First is this woman feels jealous, due to various factors like if you are extremely handsome, or if your dressing sense is very good and so on. What happens here is she tends to think that other women will come and talk to you and will compliment you. In this case you are not purposely doing anything, there is no deliberate attempt on your part to make her jealous, so that's okay. You are just who you are, you are normally living your routine, like that's the way you dress and you are naturally handsome. In this case there is nothing you can do, because she is just feeling jealous and feeling jealous is normal, Yes she could be of the jealous type but this " FEELING JEALOUS" is normal and this is something she has to deal on her own, you can of course help her, be supportive to her.

I would suggest be honest with her, sit down and tell her very politely that she has nothing to be worried about and you'll never do anything to hurt her.

2. Second is when the guy tries to make a woman jealous, meaning his actions are purposely towards making her jealous, either by using another woman or deliberately going out, hanging out with one particular type of woman, so in this case there is manipulation involved, I mean the guy is purposely doing something so that she gets jealous, and this is not right at all. In this case the woman has every right to be jealous.

The second doesn't apply in your case, I am sure you are not doing anything purposefully to make her jealous, so the second point is ruled out.

In your case I think it's the first situation, that is she is just feeling jealous, and yes you can work on that, please have a conversation with her, spend time with her and ensure her that she is secure in this relationship. She could be of a jealous type of woman so you must make sure that you never do anything to hurt her feelings, if you have female friends then take a step and introduce them to her and let her know so that she feels secure.

I hope you understood my explanations..

• Reassurance and communication can kill this relationship-killing emotion overtime. Too much jealousy may be detrimental to one own's health.

• don't fux wit girls who are inherently jealous. if she does shit like that, it won't end. i'd just leave, even if she's perfect in every other way.

• Try C), if it doesn't work then B). Maybe she'll realize her mistake.

• Reason for a bit if you can. After a while though if she's still not trusting you then take the hint and pack your bags. It may be a sign of deeper issues that won't be resolved by you.

• Just talk with your female friends and tell the girl that your dating that those girls are friends. On the bright side, she is on her toes which gives you the advantage.

• Try and reason with her. If that doesn't work then break up.

• Break up with her and go NC before she starts showing other "signs" lol

• Fuck her and chuck her. Not worth your time dealing with her shit.

• First C, then B.

• Jelly will always be jelly

• Tell her to get a life imao

• This decision you alone should make, a good bunch of people could be wrong.
    You don't fall for people who don't trust you based on what gender friends you have.

Was it you who started the relationship or her? If it was you, then you probably like her for her physical structure rather than mental capabilities. If it was her, then she leaving her is the option of choice.

You don't just start a relationship then end it if it were you, that will cause heart broke.

I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear.