Does having a boyfriend or girlfriend make your life better?

Would my diet get better?

Would I groom more?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't wait for a partner to make your life better.

• I'm not.

• But that wasn't the question. The question was: Yes or no - Does a relationship make your life better?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can work out more now, I was married or in a relationship for five years.
    I eat better now too. I've ran Spartan races, did some MMA, passed some college classes, and I learned the guitar and Russian since then as well.

Here's the dilemma:
    I'm 29. I'm about to give up (as I always say) but I'm horny so its hard to give up (pun accident) and I'm lonely... also... complicates that.

Here's the thing, some girls I have liked have rejected me because they had low self esteem. Most of the time I am over looked do to my quirky personality which doesn't match my coincidentally bad boy looks (scars from war). I'm awkward... I've never slept with a girl I wanted to be with except once in five year relationship with a sociopath... and women I really wanted to sleep with have never slept with me.

We are taught by media our peers and for those of us with only mommies that we MUST have female validation to reaffirm our manhood which is complete utter yes utter bullshit. I've read a lot of psychology about this and I have my own theories.
    When I stopped caring so much though I learned Russian and the guitar and I'm still honing those skills I have much to learn and I also have to kids to raise.
    So you know what ladies... you missed your chance... good bye and good riddance
    (I that now - until I'm lonely and horny again) I can't WAIT TO HAVE LOW TESTESTORONE OR ED!!!

What Girls Said 19

• It All depends, @Thrifty if She is worth all this Effort.
    And with having a Girlfriend, it also sort of gives you a Sense of Security to know Someone cares.
    Good luck. xx

• I dunno if you believe in God, but for me God is my sense of security.

This might sound weird but when I listen to love songs, all I think about is God. And I know that God is invisible and its kind of hard to touch something thats not physical but I don't really have to depend on anyone else.

• Yes, I'd gotten that by now, but you hadn't said that before @Paris13 commented.

• Having a boyfriend makes my life feel more complete, for sure. It's great to know you've got someone who will (almost) always be there to support you. Who you can open up to about nearly anything, and they'll be a willing audience.

Will they make you better in ways other than behavioural/emotional, like improving your diet or habits? Not directly. They may help in ways such as that by providing motivation for you to make yourself a better person for them, but you're still going to have to do all of the actual work to accomplish that.

• Hm. Interesting that a relationship with a boyfriend is like a relationship you could have with God.

1. Feels more complete
      2. Who will (always) be there to support you
      3. Who you can open up to about anything and they'll be a willing audience -> Prayer

So why do I even need a girlfriend if God can offer these things to me?

• ok true I suppose if you feel like you truly get all of those from god, and it's enough to receive them in a spiritual sense; lacking anything physically present.

• The only thing lack, at times, is sex and physical intimacy which I only crave either when I wake up with a woody or when horny.

• If dating whoever you're dating doesn't make both your lives better, then you're dating the wrong person.

• Ehh, getting into my relationship has definitely made my life better. It's made me happier and it's helped me grow as a person. However, it's not a fix it quick situation, there are some things a relationship just can't get rid of and that's a fight you have to do yourself, you just have someone there cheering you on.

• Personally for me it does, I don't let myself go during relationship but obviously there are times where we have over nights and i'm not going to wear make up 24/7. It keeps my private region in tip top shape.

• Its not about having a boyfriend or girlfriend I think its more who your boyfriend or girlfriend is. Having soneonesomeone in your life who complements it is sure gonna make your life better than just having a boyfriend or girlfriend

• I voted no because I'm single 😂😂😂😂😦😦😦😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

• Nah dude. The thing that I would hate about being in a relationship is having to shower more often :( that's the only thing that would change XD

• No I don't think so!

• no, your life's gonna probs get harder because on top of worrying over your own problems, you gotta worry about their needs/problems.

• i think having a bf/ girlfriend makes you want to be a better person for your sake and theirs, in a healthy relationship.

• If its a good boyfriend or girlfriend, it can also be miserable if they aren't.

• I think you would take care of yourself more
    Have more frequent hair styles and be more polished in general.

You wouldn't feel so lonely and appreciate each others company and if you needed emotional support you would have that.

• I think I would prefer my life with a boyfriend because it's always nice to have someone to take you on dates and keep you company.

• if it's a happy, healthy relationship.

• For me, yes but it's because of who he is and how he brings out the best in me.

• No, its just a bonus. It doesn't make your problems go away.

• Not necessarily...

Instead, you have a person who with a bunch of their own baggage going on at the same time. It takes a degree of personal stability to make balancing these mutual buckets of need at the same time.

Also, a girlfriend isn't a mom to make sure you're eating healthy and taking showers!

• When you become comfortable with yourself... I mean treating yourself kindly and nurturing your health and happiness... You are the most lovable and able to love. It sounds like a damn hallmark card, I know, but it's one of those things I've realized is true over the years. Good luck!

• PM me if you can.

• It varies. With some people, it can make them comfortable and complacent; kind of lazy in their habits and they let themselves go. For others, it makes them want o be a better person, so having a partner pushes them in a good way to stay in shape and be active together.

What Guys Said 25

• Having a SO can motivate you to do better with your life in many ways. When you are single with nobody to be responsible for, you can do whatever the hell you want. It's not that you are really responsible for your SO, but SOs have a strong influence on each other. So your actions affect them, and their actions affect you. You have a natural tendency to make yourself a better person for them, and vice versa.

Sometimes couples make improvement together. For example they might start working out together, and give each other motivation. Or they might improve their diet, or quit smoking together.

They can also have a negative affect, but that's a bad relationship.

Family and even room mates can have a similar affect, but not as strong.

• Yes my girlfriend became a wife and then the mother of my children. They all make me so happy, I wouldn't want to live with them.

• No. I don't believe that. There is no logic in it.

• Well I know it would make mine in particular better. But if I'm not mistaken having some kind of companion in life makes your brain function better - what with it releasing some kind of pheromones n stuff.

• Only if she motivates you for that, but that means you aren't self-reliant and independent enough to function on your own, which is kinda sad.

• The right girl, or guy, im not judging - can enhance your life if you are happy with it and yourself in the first place. If you have underlying issues it's not going to solve them. Some people are unhappy and think being in a relationship will make everything better. It usually ends with with both people unhappy and them breaking up

• Lol, no. And if so, not for long.

Women start out ok in the best of circumstances, but they are quickly bored.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1857752-which-is-the-least-offensive

• No. How would having some whiny asshole telling me how to live my life make it better? Pro tip - it wouldn't. Hence, single, promiscuous and happy. :P

• Specially at this point of my life I really need a girl who can support me , love me and feel for me though it's hard to find a serious girlfriend at my age :P
    But I'm fed of fake shit !!

• Not neccessarily. but maybe they can help to improve.

• Would my diet get better? No

Would I groom more? Maybe
    It's wishful thinking to think a girlfriend will charge anything about it.

• Honestly yes. It makes me feel wanted. I miss having a girlfriend, it's been 6 months too long. I should focus more on myself, my job, and school, but it would be nice to have somebody by my side as well.

• That would depend on the person.

• I do not believe it does. A person can be more happy on their own because they will stress less and gave much less problems.

• Yes, definitely. First of all, you get someone in your life to whom you actually care how you look.

• They can. They can also ruin your life.

• Flip it around: Wouldn't it suck if you ruined her life?

• Obviously.

When I say "they" I'm referring to relationships, not women.

• Not in my experience, no.

• It really depends on what you and your partner are like, as individuals and as a couple.

• I feel a good relationship does those sorts of things. (At least sometimes)

• Well I dunno bout the grooming and Diet, but having a GF/BF does make your life better

• No, because eventually either you or her will break up.
    A wife is much better.

• Two things for sure.

1) Happiness level
    2) Sex life

• No, women are backstabbing c*nts, and that's why Ill just screw prostitutes for the rest of my life. Easy sex, no strings attached

• It can go two ways:

1) You want to do more for them and yourself so you begin to take better care of yourself

2) You get comfortable and let yourself go

• I'm not interested so it would make my life worse.