Would you date someone who didn't speak your language?

0|0
20|11

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• Yes, @Jared_ and Married him nearly 4 years ago as well.
    I married a man from Egypt who had found me on Fb and at the time, he was Learning English. He learned more from me though by being with me online, and even More in Store when I came out to be with him in Cairo for the times I went to see him.
    As of now, he is speaking very good sentences and when we breakup and makeup all of the time, he put these together just fine every time.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I sure as hell would date someone who doesn't speak Latvian, zero problems there. But he better speak English! Wouldn't date someone I can't perfectly communicate with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Would you date someone who didn't speak your language?
    Yes. That would be awesome to me as I could set up backups/replacements right in front of the dude and he likely wouldn't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm dating someone who doesn't speak my language at the moment but we wanna learn each other's language anyway so we can have funny bilingual conversations to confuse people 👍

1|0
    0|0
  • no i wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • It would get complicated as I would have to translate everything he says when we're around friends, but if I really liked the guy and could see myself in a relationship with him, then I would. Love wins over translation troubles :D

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but i prefer that he speak japanese because i don't like the way other languages sound coming from someone i'm in a relationship with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm dating someone who doesn't speak my mother language and vice-versa. But we both speak English and we communicate perfectly.
    We both ended up to start learning each other's mother languages though.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I can't understand a word he's saying and vice versa then of course not. What would be the point in that relationship if you can't communicate

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but he'd had to speak English otherwise it's no point in having a relationship where you can't understand each other at all :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Not again.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't really see how that would work.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we didn't speak the same language, the language barrier would be a huge problem. How would we communicate?

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be really awkward thoe, how would we communicate I mean u can't just stare at each other right?

Unless u mean if they also spoke another language as well as English then yeah definitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Ooh that'd be a challenge. We'd have to bring google translator with us everywhere we went.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, but he'd be willing to learn it though

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yes, i'm Spanish and my boyfriend is italian but we speak English. I understand English better than him, he's still learning

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• English is an easy language to learn.
    I would love a Swedish/Danish/German/Belgian girlfriend. I'd try and teach her English, and she can teach me her language! :3

0|0
    0|0
  • Do any of us guy speak the language of what women speak? 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • If they cannot speak Hungarian and they cannot speak English, then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go all cheesy and say love is the only language we need.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know 4 languages for nothing 😉 and learning the fifth 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • as long we have one language we speak both it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably not. I need to understand a person in order to like them