Date/hanging out/unofficial dates? How do you make the difference?

I know there is a really thin line between each of them depending on your behavior or state of mind especially when people are trying to hide their emotions so how do YOU make the difference between each of them?

Everyone's opinion counts so feel free to share your point of view and tell us how you make sure that the other person doesn't misunderstand your intentions?

What Girls Said 1

• Dating-

If it's a date, I'll let him pay for everything, he'll pick me up, etc.

If the night is going well, I'll lightly brush his arm when we're talking, make excuses to touch him, playfully bump into him when we're walking

Be flirty

Just hanging out-

I'll pay for myself. I don't touch him and I won't let him touch me. I'll treat him like I would a girl friend. Just laughs and fun. Nothing flirty

What Guys Said 1

• I let them know what I intend. It's hard for some people to judge emotions, so I make it as simple as possible for them. I ask questions and I give answers. If I'm not sure whether what I have is a date or just hanging out, I ask them. I like to keep things simple and uncomplicated when it comes to relationships. It doesn't always turn out that way, but I do try.