Things were going great with this guy I've been dating but he's being off- what is going on?

We've been on three dates and all were great, he even met my parents Monday and we were good after, him telling me he wants me to meet his family and the next time he meets mine he'll make more of an effort. The next day he was being really weird and didn't message me for ages so I cancelled our next date next Monday saying I have to do my university work as it was taking longer than expected. He said that was okay and work should come first but was being a lot colder than usual. I looked on his facebook and he wrote a status saying "today has been weird, my head hurts." So i'm guessing something's gone on in his life that he's not telling me about. Plus he was awake at like 4am and that's not like him. The past couple of days he's just basically blanked me and I'm really confused as to why. The only thing I can think of is that he's tried to kiss me twice and everytime I've went really awkward and wouldn't let him. I don't think meeting my parents was the reason because he genuinely seemed fine about it.
What do you make of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he just had something happen or just had a really off day I mean it happens to the best of us, I've had day's like that where you wake up everything is just fine an dandy then like that *snaps fingers* the day can get pretty stressed out or pretty weird really quickly.

I'd just talk to him and try to find out what's going on and if possibly help him I mean that really about all you can do.

• I've tried to but he won't even message me back :/

• Well don't ever lose that nice part of you, the world needs more nice people, and any fella should be lucky to get that much attention from you, but if you feel it may be part of the problem then just tone it down a little bit.

I mean it really sounds like it's an issue on his end I mean there was that part about you rejecting his advances twice but you said y'all cleared that up so that shouldn't be it.

• Thank you.

What Guys Said 12

• Your resisting his attempts to get / give a kiss has been met with resistance / the cold shoulder. It could have him feeling your not as into this relationship as he hoped

• We cleared the air though and I said it's only because I'm nervous

• These type of things can often create doubt , left that way they become very serious problems. It is a salvageable situation. He needs reassurance that he isn't wasting his time waiting on something he will never have not see... Your affection

• He may just be nervous because you didn't let him kiss you. Don't think to quickly that everything is going wrong, there's a good chance that neither of you now knows well how to behave due to uncertainty.
    I'd say: arrange for a next date and just talk to him about it. Also that he seemed nervous and that actually you were a little uncomfortable as well.
    Otherwise you may be wasting a good chance to be with a guy who really loves you. Otherwise he wouldn't try to kiss you :D

• It sounds like he's beginning to give up because you shot him down on 2 occasions of his advances.

• He knows the reason though, that i'm just super awkward about it aha

• Hm maybe :/

• it wouldn't hurt to try, I think its better than not doing anything. maybe he's grasping for a little attention.

• Stop being awkward, it doesn't help! People can take it as rejection.

• Maybe he's got commitment fears

• He stepped out of the way so he could let you date me. Let me be your white knight.

• I'm agreeing with @Phoenix98 also I wouldn't roll out option of him using a weed, just a thought from my side, it just came to my mind after reading about his strange behaviour.

• What happend that he would have to make more of an effort?

• He's either considering whether to go for you or something is bothering in his life or in his head.

• Only he can tell, best thing you can do is ask him...

• I think he starts to move on

• i stopped talking to this girl because i couldnt tell whether she didn't like me or was playing hard to get because she was very sweet and flirty but when i tried she just backed off (not kissing) so maybe he doesn't know or if he is like that to other people something happened

What Girls Said 1

• I think he is having second thoughts about you two since the kissing incident and who knows what he thought about meeting your parents.
    Sorry to sound so harsh.

• He said he was fine about it and wanted me to meet his. He even asked if i was scared about things moving so fast, he seems pretty okay with it all