Does it sound like I dodged a bullet in online dating?

I talked to this guy for a few weeks. We finally met. On his profile, he said he was 35. However I noticed he looked a lot older. So later in the wk I texted him asking him his real age, and his reply was too old. (By a google search, he turned out to be 49. I asked him why he lied and he said because women his age are bitter and suspicious and I told him I am sure not all of them are. He said he had never been married and had no kids and this to me was not suspicious for a 35 yr old but was for a 49 yr old man. So anyway I just didn't respond to his text. He then texted me saying to me how he had found someone and to take care. I responded best wishes. He then said to me how ill do well in love, he just knows it, lmao.

Also before we had even met he was talking about me coming over to his place and us cooking together, and me shopping with him which I thought was weird. I am 28 by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you dodged a bullet

Most Helpful Girl

• One never knows what is behind the Computer Curtain and with him 'Talking about me coming over to his place and us cooking together,' he may have thought he could prepare you for his sweeter side dish in Hoping that when you met up, you would Accept him unconditionally As... Looked a lot older.
    By you confronting him, it seemed he felt like a bad kid who got his hand caught in the cookie jar and probably then after, made up lame duck excuses in knowing this whole thing just went South.
    He may have been embarrassed knowing how old you were and didn't want to lose you before he even got to meet You... It happens a lot online every day in this big way And... Not so weird.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• A little bit, yeah. If a person can't be straight foward about something that simple, who's to say that is all they are misrepresenting to you?

• Hahahah he lies because women are bitter and suspicious of being... lied too. LOL

• I'm gonna say yes. Maybe you wouldn't have spoken to him if you'd known he was 49, but too bad. Trying to lie your way in is not a good sign.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm I think so, however he may just wanted your company and spoil you. Then again first date I wouldn't go to someones place at all- thats like a trap in some ways.

• well i was put off by the lying. Also we had not even been on a date just meeting up. He wanted to do a movie with me this Thur. but I work at night.