Girls, A guy tells you this, would you be completely turned off by this?

A guy tells you he doesn't like his name and wants to change it or shorten it... would you perceive him as insecure and would it be a huge turn off for you?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• No... those are actually the things I enjoy hearing from my guy. Or my guy friends. Just whatever happens to be on their mind. If they are opening up to you, it generally means they feel they can trust you, right? It's nice when they let those walls down a little.

• But telling about insecurities and come off as if the person is really insecure... and I know for a fact that insecurity is always an instant attraction killer...

• Hard to say, without knowing what she wants, exactly. Is she already in a relationship with someone else? Married, perhaps? Sometimes friends with benefits involve at one least person who is unsatisfied with their current relationship. If she lives in another country and you see her once a month, she will probably contact you within a week or so.

• Another guy could very well be in picture... she told me about him even before we had hooked up... but we seemed to be talking everyday and things were going well, but then suddenly it feels like she doesn't need me anymore... I do not want to come as a needy person by asking her why is she being so distant all of a sudden

What Girls Said 6

• Nope, it's his life.. He absolutely has the right to feel comfortable with his own name! :)

• but isn't it a little insecure behaviour by a guy?

• If someone doesn't like their name, it's a huge shame - but it doesn't always mean they're insecure with who they are, just their name.

But even if a guy is insecure, that's what a girlfriend is there for, to lift him up and make him comfortable and confident with himself.

• I wouldn't really mind that ~ it's his name and his choice.

• No, not really... it's his choice... guess I'm kind of indifferent

• Of course not, it's his choice.

• Yes I did not choose it in first place so yeah

• I would rather him be proud of carrying his name, but no it's not a turn off :)

• Will it seem to you like he is insecure and care too much about others' perception of him?

• Well he hates it, so he wants to shorten it to his nickname legally... what would you think?

• Eh it's okay :)

• Not really. I wouldn't care if he changed his name or not.