Would you date someone outside of your own race?

I have the biggest crush on this guy... We're both ART students at my university so we run into each other a lot because we have to take some of the same classes. We did a collaborative project 2gether recently and we were flirting and laughing the whole way through. He's so cool and creative and a true gentleman and I love the way he dresses, he's just so vibrant and I love it. Our personalities fit so well 2gether, but I never tell anybody about him because I don't wanna hear what they have to say about our difference of RACE/CULTURES/BACKGROUND... I'm F***ed!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would. you should be able to at least tell a friend of yours because if they were truly your friend they would support you and not yell at you about how your races are different.

I have this problem with my mother I know that if the guy I liked was a different race she wouldn't be extremely happy about it but honestly if I like the man enough I don't really give a crap what my mom thinks and if she doesn't want to accept it then that's her problem not mine.

therefore as long as the guy you like is fine with it too. you should do what you want! its your life and you deserve to be happy. don't let others get in the way of that :)

• I'm more concerned with his family accepting me and I'm sure most of my family will accept it BUT they won't take it seriously. Its just gonna be something that they get to laugh and joke about because they're so used to me doing random, unordinary sh** and being silly, but this is NOT one of those things. This is 4real

• Well here is the thing his family love's him too and if he is fine with it his parents should be fine with it too. well then show your family that you are serious about this person and if they arn't going to believe you and laugh at you then I don't see the problem. If you want your family to take you seriously then SHOW IT show your family that you are serious about him. no offense but it just seems that you are making too big a deal out of something that's kind of ridiculous.

• Maybe I am making a big deal out of it. We'll see.

What Guys Said 2

• People will always judge. If you like him... go ahead. its your life afterall

• of course I would date someone outside of my own race, there's nothing wrong with it.

• I know there is nothing wrong with it, but if people (family/friends) reacted badly to your relationship, how would that make you feel?

• I can't imagine my friends or family caring that much. So I don't know.

What Girls Said 2

• I definately would. I love native guys, and black guys. If it weren't for inter-racial relationships, I wouldn't be here. If you like him, go for it. As for everyone else, who gives a sh*t? If you truly like him, they should be happy for you. If not, ignore them because they're not really worth your time.

• I'm Asian and I only date white guys.

Of course it's okay, it's all personal preference.

Love is love.