How to teach/show a guy you demand respect?

I'm worried that he's going to disrespect me one day... I don't want that... how can I show him how to treat me

Most Helpful Guy

• For starters, before you even meet that guy declare some limits and do not acclimate them no matter what.

Hard limit

A hard limit is something that must not be done. Violating a hard limit is often considered just cause for ending a scene or even a relationship. Examples include “scat is a hard limit for me” or “I have a back injury, so striking on the back is a hard limit”.

Soft limit

A soft limit is something that a person hesitates about or places strict conditions on, but for which they may still give informed consent. An action could be prohibited except under specific circumstances or an area of discomfort that someone wishes to avoid. Soft limits can also include actions that require a cautious approach or — while somewhat appealing — still generate an uncomfortable amount of apprehension in one or more partners.
    Requirement limit

A requirement limit, or must-limit, is something without which one or more partners will not participate in the scene. Examples include “lots of hair pulling is a must-limit for me” or “if you’re going to flog me, I’ll need lots of aftercare.”
    Time limit

A time limit is a set time period for which an activity or temporary relationship takes place. This is most common for scenes and casual play.

Some couples practice time limitations for relationships. They can be used to set time limits on phases of relationships, such as training or consideration. (copy pasta from wikipedia)

Get into the exercise of assimilate your values in a relationship according to those and figure out what it would take for me to offend you.

If something is a hard limit, just say no and leave if he doesn't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't teach respect. If someone doesn't respect you in the relationship to begin with, you shouldn't be with them. However, no relationship isn't going to have it's times where your s/o is going to be a little shit, and you have to realize people can respect others, and still treat them badly or get in a fight. Be a strong, confident person, and most importantly, be great on your own... No relationship is going to work out unless each person is a independent individual. That's how you have and earn respect the best way, be the best you can be on your own. But don't think not having the perfect amount of confidence makes it right for anyone to ever disrespect you. You'll get more respect being confident, but you should never be disrespected in any relationship. Cheers. xo

What Guys Said 11

• he should be treating you with respect genuinely.

the fuck? you can't train a guy to respect you unless he himself is pussy whipped, and even then that doesn't last forever.

find a real man, case closed.

• I partly agree, but on the same time I believe that respect is earned not entitled. You may have human rights to but unless you stand your ground when appropriate, bullying and abuse are almost eminent not to mention the risk of being scammed.

You train a guy by saying "no" when they demand something you don't

• Simpy do not tolerate anything less than respect and let him know about it (without being a bitch) the first time he acts disrespectful.

• You set your boundaries calmly and firmly. When/if he does something you find to be disrespectful you say "I feel disrespected when you do or say so and so and I will not put up with it"
    If he doesn't make changes, there has to be consequences, like CYA

I would also say that if he honestly doesn't stop making improvements, then that's a good relationship.

Be willing to also listen to him and honor when he tells you things he finds disrespectful.

• first u dont demand respect u earn it by giving it. only when it is not returned can u demand that he respect you the same way. So want to teach anyone how to respect you.. give them the respect first why would you worry that he will disrespect you is he a disrespectful person?

• Always do what you say you're going to do, or at-least make a *damned* good effort of it, so when you say "i'll leave you

• And if he calls you on it, then leave. If you show him your threats are empty, then he'll never listen to you... Really, you shouldn't *have* to do all that, but if it comes down to it, then that's how it's done

• Also you definitely shouldn't *start* with such a serious ultimatum as that...

• And don't escalate, if he threatens to/not to _____________ because you are (n't) going to _____________, then so be it, just outstubborn him, don't keep adding more layers of bullshit to it, or he'll just keep adding layers, and it'll get ridiculous very quickly

Also: pick your battles carefully, don't take on fights/actions that you can't *reasonably* win

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: IF GE FIGHTS YOU TOO HARD ON HAVING TO TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT, THEN HE'S A CHILD AND NOT WORTH YOUR TIME

• 1. Get a stick.
    2. Dog biscuits.

• Just directly say him or
    Kick his ass if he disrespects you :P

• If you already feel like that maybe you shouldn't be with him

• He should know how to treat you. If he doesn't I'm not really sure you can train/teach him.

• Yeah, here's the problem: with THAT mentality, you don't deserve respect.

Look to yourself first before making demands of other people.

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing... Just break up when that happen

• dont be easy, dont let him walk all over you, have rules that you never break... wait till yore older because guys at your age are usually obnoxious

• Thank you this helped