Girls, If guys are chivalrous what are girls supposed to be?

I have posted this for guys only but I want a womens take. Please be respectful and polite in your responses. Thanks!

I am really getting agitated with the fact that every time I open a door for a lady (that isn't my girlfriend) or do some chivarlous act like offer my coat or stand on the side of the sidewalk closest to the road I get called a chauvanist ass and if I don't I am a rude non-gentlemen? Why? I treat my girlfriend with respect (and this has nothing to do with my amazing girlfriend, just my curiosity), and am the most chivarlous, gentlemanly guy I can be because she deserves it and is the most special girl I have ever met. But it made me think for other guys who don't have an amazing girl like me, why do guys have to be chivalrous if they don't get anything in return? Is there something girls do that is simlar to this chivalry and work? Like chivalry but for women? And those pigs who are doing all this just to get in some girls pants, they disgust me. But for those who do genuinely respect women and practice chivarly, what is in it for them? Like is there some set of rules girls should follow and how to treat a man?

I hope I am making sense and not sounding like a crazy person. Thank you for your time!

Basically, I am sure it isn't a one way street. Because relationships must be equal (50/50) or else no one will enjoy and benefit from the relationship and it will be the equivalent of a parasitic relationship. Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know why everyone feels the need to get something out of it haha

Every human should be the sweetest and nicest they can be, in my opinion. Girls and guys.

• haha I don't want anything out of it (in case you missed the part about my girlfriend above), so I'll assume you mean in general. I am just curious what girls do that is similar to this, such as being a lady or something like that. It seems a bit ridiculous girls are expecting this but don't offer anything similar in return.

• Hey there,

I understand your ground and I agree with you. I guess ladies are doing a lot but in a latter phase in life. Say, when you are married she takes your name, she bears your child, the child get;s your name, etc. It is a male dominated world still... no matter how much we look at it otherwise. Until the daw the world is equally controlled by all genders; a little chivalry won't hurt. The chivalrous gentlemen can be role models, and make other boys jealous when their girls praise you.

Even though they say, 'Good boys finish last' every girl wants a good boy over the long term.