Does a name matter to you, when dating?

If you found someone who complements you in every way and you feel could really be something special to you, would you still date them if their name was that of someone in your family, say you had a brother in law whose name was already Jason or your brother was already married to a Christina, would this stop you from dating them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm involved with a woman with the same name as my sister. They also have the same birthday. So no. This is no problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. My boyfriends' name is the exact same name as my brother in laws (the spelling is different) they were born in the same country as well. Coincidental but I don't care lol

• Hahaha same. We've been together for over a year now. The spelling is different, but it's the same as my brother in laws. I personally don't care but there's always a couple people who have had something dumb to say. That's why I asked to see if people seriously thought that way. Thank you for that!

• aha same, been with my boyfriend for nearly over a year lol but it find it pretty cool to find someone like that :) and no problem

• Thank you for MH :)

What Guys Said 4

• Never really though of that.
    Nope.

Strangely enough, I realized a few months ago that four of my recent crushes have sisters named Anna. Maybe five.

• Nah it doesn't.

• YOU HAVE HIGH STANDARDS!!!

• Is this a serious question? No, it wouldn't matter.

• Believe it or not. I have had some people say it was weird. That's why I asked because I didn't give much thought to it before.

What Girls Said 3

• No I find it cute. Like hey you, meet you!!

• The least of my concerns

• No it wouldn't bother me at all