How to find closure after breaking someone's heart?

What advice can you give me?

I had 2 dates with a guy named Evan from Taiwan. We met on POF. I allowed him to fall in love with me. I kissed him both dates but knew he wasn't right for me. So after date 2 I ended it before it got too deep. He's kinda devestated and has never had a broken heart like this. He kept asking me for reasons, for his own peace of mind. The reasons I gave don't work for him and he now hates me, wishes I get heart broken like him, and thinks I am pathetic. Mostly because the reasons I gave were superficial and had to do with looks or culture and me not liking him as much as he likes me.. And yearning for the brazillian ex of mine who I can't stop thinking about. i feel shitty I just crushed another human heart for selfish reasons... But would it have been more wrong to stay with him for petty? I am confused on how to walk alway from this without feeling like a ruined someone's life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well u actually did the right thing from walking away early so as to no let him fall deeper in love with you. Feeling bad about it is natural, maybe you could get him hooked up with a friend of yours ti make him feel better?
    As for wrecking his heart, he just has to gradually come to accept it on his own terms. What u did, you did it for his own good.

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't ruin his life, he'll find someone else. Though you should feel guilty since you basically led someone on. Yes it would have been worse to stay with him out of pity, but you shouldn't have dated him at all since you didn't feel a spark and you're not over an ex yet. So pointing out an even worse option doesn't justify the path you chose.
    Learn from this experience.

What Guys Said 3

• it´s all part of dealing with it. let him hate you. that´s a normal phase you go through after rejection and it can help them a lot.

• That's what I want to know

• You suck, the guy tried his best

What Girls Said 1

• You did them a favor!