I get really nervous if a girl stops talking to me, or changes her texting habits, does this happen to you?

I've been going out with this girl for about 3-4 months, we talk every day (or very close to everyday). I love talking to her and being around her but she is very critical of things and always seems to be testing me. She'll ask me open ended questions to see what my response will be and will then say "oh ok, you're one of those types". A lot of this has to do with the fact that she has had some strange ex boyfriends and such, but it always makes me feel on edge, like at any moment she could just drop me.

She complains to me about ex boyfriends, and tells me a lot of the mistakes they have made and weird things they've done. But it also makes me feel uncomfortable that we talk about them, she never talks about them in a good way or anything, but still.

The last couple days she has seemed really distant, we still text every day and she does still text me first but it's been difficult to actually get to see her. We went to dinner earlier in the week and she said that she would see me this weekend "friday, Saturday, Sunday, or monday" she said it in a joking way but I knew that she did want to see me again. She told me today that she's felt really out of it the last couple days. And she hasn't been responding to my texts like she used to. The last couple days it's taken her a while to respond.

I am trying hard to not feel the need to be in constant contact, I don't text her if she hasn't responded unless it's been a very long time. I don't want to seem desperate or anything and I don't want her to feel smothered. I think i've been doing a pretty good job with that, giving her space, because she said she hates it when a guy sends a follow up text if she didn't respond. She said if she's not responding it's because she's busy or because she is angry with you. I don't think I've done anything for her to be angry with me about.

I still can't help but feel very stressed out over all of this, she has gone a couple days in the past of being very distant, so it's not like this is a one time thing and it's been fine after those times. I think a lot of the reason I feel this way is because she always seems like she's testing me.

Have any of you felt this way? Have you ever been very distant with someone you're going out with even if it had nothing to do with them? And what do you think I should do?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0