Would you rather date a girl without makeup but very insecure or a girl wearing a bit of makeup and fully confident?

The makeup discussion here on gag is a very much alive one with a lot of guys who say that they don't want to date a girl with makeup.
But what if it makes her feel really confident?
So would you date a girl who has a insecure posture all the time, asks constantly if she looks alright, is shy and has little self-worth.
Or would you date a girl who wear some makeup everyday if she leaves the house and is fully confident about herself.
Now everyone will ask, how much are we talking about? I would say a fair amount like this:

So face makeup, mascara, lipgloss, eyeliner and or eyeshadow in natural colour, shaped eyebrows. Just a fair amount of everyday makeup.

• No makeup
  • Makeup
  • See results
These are the only two options. So don't say 'yeah I like her to be confident without makeup'. Ofcourse you would like that but that's not possible in this case. Then there's no point answering the question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Though I prefer no makeup, I'd rather have a confident girl than an insecure one, cause she's probably gonna cause more problems in the relationship.
    But when I say makeup, I mean a little, I still wanna feel attracted to her when she takes it off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, the whole point of this is pretty dumb... generally insecure girls wear makeup BECAUSE they are insecure and it makes them feel better (and there are the girls that just like makeup, of course, with a perfectly normal sense of security).

While it's possible that a girl with low self-esteem will go without makeup, it's not very likely. Normally the people that are inherently confident with themselves will feel like they don't need it, or at least won't have such a low sense of it that they will constantly ask how they look and be annoying about it. Whereas the girls that feel insecure will coat makeup on until they don't see anything wrong with their face. I just feel like the second option is more of a sign that a girl is insecure than the first one. The first girl would have to have some sense of confidence in order to feel comfortable enough to not wear makeup.

Personally, I am really insecure about my eyelashes, because they are really blonde and you can barely see them (same for my eyebrows but I don't care as much for them), and it makes my eyes look really weird. So I use mascara to make my eyes look normal. That's the only makeup I wear, though, since I'm not insecure about my actual face. If I didn't have blonde eyelashes I wouldn't feel insecure.

With that said, there's a lot of times where I'll leave the house without it, and I don't feel so insecure that I'm annoying about it and constantly asking how I look. In fact, I normally even forget about it. So I guess my self-esteem can't be too low. I wouldn't call myself confident, either, moreso in the middle.

• Lol I also have blonde eyelashes and brows.

Everyone expresses their insecurity in a different way. Not everybody does it with covering their face with makeup. Like my sister. She way more insecure than I am, but she never wears makeup. While I'm slightly insecure (healthy amount of insecurity) and wear makeup everyday. She puts me down by saying it's sad I don't feel pretty without makeup while in the meantime, she never feels pretty. With or without makeup.
      So it really depends what kind of person you are. Sometimes makeup is just a way of dealing with your insecurity till you feel secure enough to take it off. Always better than someone who can never feel pretty.

What Guys Said 22

• Confident girls win over everything

• Depends on how much makeup and if she still looks good without it. Bassically whichever on is more attractive to me.

I don't like girls who have the "caked on" look or when they put it over every inch of their face. I appreciate the effects of makeup in moderation. So a little mascara, cheek blush, and light lip stick. I think it makes the girl more attractive while still having somewhat of a "natural" look.

• I gave an example. What do you think of the amount she wears?

• Yes. They're both equally attractive, but the makeup girl doesn't look like a whole different person without makeup.

• If I think the makeup makes an improvement in the girl who wears makeup then I choose her.

If she looks worse with makeup then I prefer the girl who doesn't wear makeup.

• Honestly, if she needs paint on her face to feel secure about herself and is otherwise having panic attacks about the idea of having to go on the streets, then she's currently dysfunctional and requires therapy, treatment for her ridiculously low self-esteem.

I really dislike those shaped eyebrows by the way because it looks hella fake, so I'll go with A).

• Not having panic attacks, just feeling really insecure like girl A. Having a wrong posture, becoming shy etc. There are actually a lot of girls like that who feel more secure with a bit of makeup.

• you can share your opinion without being really R-🍩-🍩-D about it. you could've just said "if she needs make up to feel confident then i don't think she's emotionally adequate to be in a relationship with me and i really dislike how fake those eyebrows look."

• @nooriginality Well if she suffers from general anxiety and possibly even agoraphobia without putting makeup on, I think my claim stands :P But that's an extreme.

But yes, essentially what you said is perfectly sound.

• The make up and confident one. Overly insecure girls are troublesome

• 99% of girls who look better with makeup only need eyeliner/mascara. Possibly concealer if they have blemishes.

Other than that, makeup is useless. Blush, eye shadow, lipstick... fuck all that.

• You didn't really answer the question though. I gave an example of how much makeup. As far as I can see she wears foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara and blush. What would you rather date?

• Sure but would you rather want her to feel insecure all the time? She only wears it if she leaves the house. Doing Netflix and chill she won't wear it.

• Well hopefully I could convince her to not be insecure. But if not, it'd be fine if she wants to wear it.

• As a guy I honestly don't prefer make up but if it makes her confident and feel better wearing it then she should. I just want her to be comfortable.

• I have a fetish for girls that wear makeup, so I definitely choose the latter. ;-)

• Of course confidence, i don't like to be asked 24H if i am looking alright if i did this if i if if if if..

• Wait so is the girl w/out make up prettier than the girl with a little?

• No, equally attractive.

• Well hmmm
      I would go for the girl who wears a little make-up. She seems to be my type, i enjoy a little insecurity, not a lot tho. I honestly don't want to choose because either girl could fit my personality more but my pick as of now stands. Easier to buy presents for like mascara for lips and gloss for eyelashes.

• Thin body and a beautiful face (talking about the physical appearance)
    For me, make up isn't important at all, i've been on dates with girl's without make up and they look pretty cure

• @Spuitkaas and the answer to your question ill be on a date with whomever of those 2 girls, but depends if she likes me, cause nobody knows, maybe the shy girl without make-up could result interesting, intellectual and an excellent prospect

• So you don't care at all about if a girl is insecure or not?
      The insecure girl is not more intelligent. They can both have an intellectual conversation.

• Yes, i don't care about all, as i said, nobody knows what could happen, one of the better gifts of the live are the surprises, maybe in the first date both the guy and the girl could be soulmates

• Bit of make up but confident but none of that matters if she is not attractive to me physicaly.

• How much is "a bit of makeup"?

• I gave a example in the picture above with description what I mean with how much makeup.

• Oops, my bad. Given these two options, I'd rather not date. Insecure is fine, we all have them, I just don't want to have to affirm her every 5 minutes (yea, that's happened).

• I definitely prefer natural but if she was more comfortable wearing makeup it isn't that big a deal.

• Heavy makeup is unattractive in my opinion. However, I like a little bit of mascara, really grabs my attention.

• A girl who can't date without make up IS insecure.

• Totally true, but at least she has a way to deal with her insecurity, while the other girl can't feel the same way with a bit of makeup.

• IN that case, I'd prefer the confident one.

• au naturale.

• confident girls are cocky and I hate them honestly

• Pretty sure I'm not attracted to confidence,,
    Is something wrong with me?

• To be honest the first option sounds like a lose-lose situation and the second a win-win.

• Not for everyone. A lot of guys want a beautiful girl who doesn't wear makeup. Even if it means she's insecure.

• i've never heard of a girl wearing makeup being a problem for someone as long as she doesn't overdo it.

• I wouldn't give a shit!! If she accepts me for the way I look then you should do the same back

• what kind of sick dichotomy is that?

• I prefer tomboyish girls, naturally pretty, without makeup, and we all know that tomboyish girls are definitely not insecure ;)

What Girls Said 5

• Life is too short to NOT be confident. If makeup makes a girl feel good and happy then why should a man have a issue with that? I've never had any guys complain about me wearing make up. You'll need a lot of make up to look like a entirely different person anyway.

• I'm not really the most confident person, but I don't wear makeup. There are four reasons for that.

1) I am a very lazy person and even putting on just chapstick is too much sometimes.

2) I know myself, and I am a very forgetful person. If I were to wear makeup, then I would forget I'm wearing it and mess it up and then look like crap the rest of the day, lol.

3) I actually feel more insecure wearing makeup. I feel like I look much uglier when I wear makeup. I get very uncomfortable wearing makeup for that reason.

4) Most importantly... I don't know how to put it on...

• And that's fine. Some girls get more confident wearing makeup and some don't. It just depends on the person.

• It's like you're wanting them to choose makeup.

• Well there are a lot of guys here on gag who absolutely hate makeup.
      I honestly though I made a fair choice to give the makeup girl not just the basics but a fair amount of makeup.

• @Romeotte16 Lolololol. I don't know what to say. xD

• It is actually the no makeup girl who will be more confident and the makeup girl who will be less.

• I've gotten approached with both but more bare faced because I look insecure and 'easier' to get

• Did you always attract the right kind of guys then?

• I do but I don't feel comfortable around them because I feel like they targeted me as a less chance of being rejected. I feel like I'm not a priority