Would it be weird or desperate to text a guy I haven't talked to in a while?

So, there's a guy who asked me out to coffee in September. We established a date and time and he told me he was looking forward to it. But when the day came, he texted me ten minutes before to tell me he had a job application that was due that night and wanted to reschedule for another time... but he never set up a new date. Then he texted again saying he was really sorry. I just left it alone for the last couple of months figuring he wasn't interested. But I wonder now, if
maybe he was expecting me to initiate the date or something. I was swiping through a dating app recently and saw his picture again... I know it's risky and a little odd, but would it be weird or come off desperate if I texted him to see what he was up to, and see if he maybe wanted to grab a drink?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, go ahead and give him one more try. If he's not responsive then forget about it.

What Guys Said 3

• Be oblique, find a non date request reason to contact him, ask for his help on something, see if the conversation flows. If so, you will naturally find a reason to meet again, if not give up and keep your pride intact

• Maybe he is maybe he is not, There was that time a girl i dated two times, and never dated again with her but i liked her, and after 3 weeks she texted me and i was kinda happy... :P so if he likes you he will reply the same day

• So what if it's weird?

What Girls Said 1

• I'd let it go. If he wanted to talk to you, he would have done it already :/