Do guys still like "old-fashioned" girls?

When I say old-fashioned girls, I mean things such as appearance (no cleavage, somewhat slutty clothing). In my opinion, old-fashioned girls know the value of their bodies and themselves in general. Old-fashioned girls that do not do one night stands, and will only pursue a guy knowing that he may be a potential fiance or husband. Why is it that these days, men seem to only like girls that party, swear, and like one night stands? The women who dress slutty and act trashy always seem to get guys' attention. Why are the old-fashioned girls ignored these days?

PS: sorry for the awful explanation about old-fashioned girls, if you guys have any questions about that; feel free to ask me! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• when you say 'old-fashioned' I think of someone that could bring home, and my mom, and grandma would both approve!! She is properly dressed, not showing cleavage, bra straps or anything improper. Not 'Amish-like' but a LADY, respecting herself, knowing that WHO she is, and how we relate, is so much more important!!
    Yeah, maybe she has a 'dark side' and likes some kind of things, but she knows to keep them between us, privately, and she doesn't need to show off, or 'flaunt' what she has, publicly.
    She would have PERFECT manners, and wear a sensible dress, maybe offering to help my grandma with the plates, because she was taught to be 'proper' that way.
    All the while she would be sneaking little smiles at me, imagining what we might do later, when I get her 'proper dress' off, and we are alone. . .

• If she's what I see as old fashioned (what you described all the way down until the very end) then there's no "what we might do later" because she's saving intimacy for marriage. It's rare anymore to meet a lady who is sincerely ladylike in an old-fashioned way, but when the chance arises, it's almost guaranteed that she's saving herself for marriage.

• @nert73 The asker said she only wants sex with a potential husband, so ur right about that.

• I'm not really seeing the connection you made in your reply so I'm going to move on to thanking @KawaiiPie67 for seeing my point.

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys don't seem to get it. You're saying "classy in public but sexy for me." If that's the case, you're not genuinely getting an old-fashioned girl. You're getting a girl with manners and a conservative sense of dress. To have an old-fashioned girl is beyond appearance. She's got to have the morals and beliefs that are truly old-fashioned--such as saving intimacy for marriage.

What Guys Said 45

• Well, since old-fashioned girls "know" the value of their body... and what it's worth... can they please share what that value is?

$1,000?

$10,000?

$100,000?

$1,000,000?

$10,000,000?

How did they arrive at that valuation?

What makes "their body" ... "more valuable" than girls who are "not old-fashioned"?

• You are hanging in the wrong places. There are plenty of guys who like old-fashioned girls. But you won't find most of them in bars. Try doing some volunteer work, maybe Habitat for Humanity or another group that does home rehabilitation. At least you'll meet guys who have useful skills.

• Definitely! I'm just asking just from observations on social media and such. I do plenty of volunteer work but I think college is my main focus at the moment so not really looking for a relationship :)

• Plenty of those guys around campus too. Surely you have some serious guys in your classes.

• Old fashioned girls have all the qualities that you listed that I like in women BUT unfortunately they most of the time also expect me to pay and do literally everything in the relationship. And more often than not they are prudish when it comes to sex and are unwilling to try things out.

• So much you have no idea. Honestly the standards of (well most people in general, and its probably also guys fault that contemporary women act the way they do) women have gone so far down the drain, I don't really even like dating anymore.
    Why I know who my all time favorite hottie is?

Pam Beasley from the office. I met a girl who was a lot like her once, and I have never stop thinking about her. Wholesomeness, and being a genuine caring person are still very much big attractions for many guys.

• Ya I'd love to find an old-fashion girl who's a freak in the sack for me. I'm not into one night stands. I want a girl I can actually connect with emotionally and physically.

• Because people dislike not having sex until after 3 years of dating then signing superfluous legal pacts and papers.

• I'd say they're the most attractive of all for men looking for a serious relationship. Of course women who dress and act slutty will attract men in a rush to get laid, but you probably don't want those men anyway, and most quality men looking for something serious don't want those women either.

• Old fashioned gals are my only kind of gals.

• The more things change the more they stay the same. There's always a puritanical phase followed by a more relaxed period. Generally the transition either way is closely followed by a period of depression.
    There will always be men who like sluts, and men who do not. There will always be women who like to play the slut and those who do not. The problem the latter have always had, is that they are prone to becoming wallflowers. Perhaps why aranged marriages and (virtually mandatory) communial dances were such big things in the past. Force the quiet ones to bump into eachother once in a while rather than staying at home on the internet.
    As for the look? Yeah. It's always good when a lass respects herself, of course what that means can vary a lot from person to person.

• I think guys go through stages... at first they are all about the sex... gotta get themselves some, and they gotta get some experience with women. This makes them less likely to look for an old-fashioned girl when in and around your age group.

Considering life is still somewhat up in the air, with college/university or potentially moving away because of a job or career... they are less likely to get in a committed relationship, simply because life is so unstable and can change on a dime.

However, that being said, there is a small percentage of guys that look for the old-fashioned type women regardless. They want the sweet girl that is not going to be into the friends with benefits-thing and the hanging together for the fun of it... that seems to be the norm these days.

Overall, there is nothing wrong with being "old-fashioned", or rather just a person of values!

• I wish more girls were like that :(

• I was obviously born in the wrong generation! I feel the same way, but also think guys should be more old-fashioned also.

• I almost always notice if a girl is dressed nice. by the way I love it when they wear a tank top with a plad shirt over it. I think that's what it is if I remember it right. I don't see it often. lol

• It's a question of internalized culture.

• No, I do not.

If you're going to not have sex with me until I marry you, then I'm not interested in being with you.

I like old fashioned women is terms of them being submissive and following stereotypical gender roles (I like male gender roles as well), but I do not like holding out on sex at all.

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Yeah, you would be surprised at how many guys like girls like that. So the answer is yes but not all. Take every guy as an individual who may or may not.

• Yes, Though I'm going to make what I think "old fashioned" is. It's also going to have a bit of "other stuff" thrown in there.

A gal that dresses appropriately for the ocassion. Be it at a club or party, she doesn't have a plunging neckline or a hem-line that's 4 inches below her bum. At the gym, yes, yoga pants and a fitting t-shirt to cover your sports bra is to be "expected."

I'd say an old fashioned gal would also be one to "have sex happen after eally knowing a guy" This may me on the 2nd date or after many months. She'll know when and if she sees a long term future with the guy.

Some guys do like "old fashioned" gals, though this is a rarity. There is a very fine line between a guy not being interested and a guy actually wanting to treat you as A HUMAN BEING to get to know you and something more than just a party favor.

• Well your explanation regarding old fashioned women was only partly right, however that's okay. I have a different view about this, if you want to know that.

• Sure, yes we do. In fact, while, yes, we want a hot girl in sexy clothing at least in private, as we get older, we like a woman to be classy in public.

• That's like a dream girl for me :P

• Most attractive to me is girls that think for themselves rather than being worried about dressing/acting a certain way to fit in with the latest trends, and also not worried about conforming to some traditional values they might have been told is the "right" way to behave.

• I like old fashioned girls. In fact, as an aspiring Orthodox priest, I need a good girl who can fill the role of matushka. To me the ideal wife is the old-fashioned sort of girl who despite being extremely attractive does not feel the need to behave "trashy" or devalue herself. She enjoys sex and really gets into it, but she only has it with her husband who values her very much. She's neither a prude nor a slut, but the ideal girl.

• Hello. In my opinion. I like a good ole fashion girl. Due to my occupation I can never get one, but if I had one again I wouldn't let her go. So my opinion is that they would rather get laid with a girl that will leave them with something rather than stay with the one that will rock your world and might possably be the best you ever had. I hope my opinion / advice has helped you. If it has if there is anything I could help you with further I would be happy to help.

-John

• I love them and want one big time

• Thats everything though all around old school girls not just how they dress

• I like old fashioned girls.

• I like old fashioned girls. But they are extinct.

• Profile picture

• Yes, there are. Everyone has preferences. Some prefer old-fashioned others prefer what you called "slutty and trashy". Both are ok. What bothers me - I admit - is the tone you're using. It has some judgement and sense of superiority in it. Maybe this tone drives men away.

• I don't drive men away. I don't have a problem with that at all, I'm just asking because of what I have seen on social media and/or what my friends have been through.

• Uhm, the girls that will only pursue a guy knowing he may be a potential fiance or husband? And that's why there are a lot of baby daddies in america? Hah, there's no such thing as "old fashioned girls" or if there are it's a.00001 % possibility. There's no guys going for those girls, the same "guys going for those girls" are the same "GIRLS GOING FOR THOSE GUYS"

• YES ! They are the best and I am old fashioned myself 😜

• hate emmmm

• Wait so flat chest, flat butt and conservative?
    I'll go for conservative but the other 2 are non negotiable.
    As for potential husband, I'm not looking for marriage I just want to enjoy a woman's company and sleep with her.

• You're generalizing, most guys want a girl like the ones you describe.

• They just aren't patient enough or feel like they are worthy. I definitely want a woman like the one you describe... now.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 31

• OK hun, I am a no-bullshit girl, so I'm just gna let this rip.

I know a lot of girls who are actually, well, old-fashioned girls.
    Absolutely none of these girls would ever explicitly DECLARE that they were "old-fashioned girls", because, well, that'd just be fuckin' tacky, now, wouldn't it. It's just evident from the way they live. They bout that life.

And... I know a lot of SELF-DECLARED "old-fashioned" girls, too. All of whom are basically just gold-diggers who don't even like sex.

Yep. I went there.

I mean, if I were a dude, I'd stay the heck away, too... Plenty of gold-diggers at least like to fuck! LOL

• Yes, there are plenty of guys who like it. How do I know? Because I'm an "old fashioned" girl myself, and I've never had much trouble in the boyfriend market at least.
    That being said I don't really judge anyone for wearing "slutty" clothes. I mean occasionally I might look at someone like "What in the HELL is she wearing?" but who HASN'T done that at some point? And I always try to hide it and never say anything.

However you do sound fairly judgmental about it I want to say, so if you voice such opinions, perhaps that's the trouble your having? See if you say stuff like that it makes you come off as a self-righteous prude. Not old fashioned. Now I am not trying to be mean, or insult you, as I don't think you are because while you sounded a little judgy, it wasn't really like some rant, so I think perhaps you just used bad wording? Which does happen.

But yes, some guys adore that old fashioned way, but no one particularly cared for a self-righteous prude, so avoid being THAT.

Not to say you have to go out and start undressed to avoid being a prude, just don't comment on what other girls do/wear, and stick to your own "moral" code and you'll be good.

• u r boring

• thanks! that's not what my boyfriend said when he was tying me up during hot nasty sex

• Lol I'm not a virgin but okay :)

• @YummyLady message me i got something good for you 😘

• I'm sure many do, but others do think she's becoming outdated. i couldn't care though, ill always consider myself old fashioned in that regard.

• From what you described I guess I am fairly "old-fashioned" BUT I don't go around thinking I am better than girls who live a different lifestyle than me! I think you should learn to view other women not as your enemies, and realise that they can live their lives however they please whether you agree with it or not. Try not judging so much and calling others "sluts" and be kind and tolerant instead. You may find some of those girls who are different than you might end up being awesome friends and you are missing out on that. Being judgmental and catty is not lady-like at all :)

• As a fellow old-fashioned girl, let me tell you that boys don't like them. Men do. Find a man, not a boy.

• So basically, just as a style of speech and dress? Have you not heard of hipsters? They dress style is mainly vintage, just move to Washington or Oregon state, usa... You'll find more that dress "old fashioned" there. As for me, the only thing I like that involves the term "old fashioned" is my drink.

theversatilegent.com/.../Zacapa-old-fashioned.jpeg

• Most guys think old fashioned girls are boring and they tend to be single and lonely. People say girls like that are wife material, but how can you be a wife if you can't get a boyfriend first?

• Guys do like that, but after they have matured and want to settle down. I'm a pretty old fashioned girl myself, except for the cursing part...

• Old fashioned girls can be too reserved, high maintenance and too submissive. Although you their are plenty of men who like such women.

The problem is there is no shortage of modern women who are not slutty, don't dress provocatively, behave in a ladylike fashion, only wants a serious relationship and has good morals and values.

The likelihood is a modern man would prefer a modern woman.

• Sure do. I'm an old fashioned girl to a T. The "boys" that want the trashy "girls" are just that, they're boys. They're not as mature as you may be, and they want the easy trashier girls. Wait out until graduate school or after college, then you'll find the real men, and the hot guys you're meeting that want those other types of girls, and they party and act immaturely, you don't want anyways. Wait for husband material.

• Some do but i am not sure.

• Hmmm. I consider myself old fashioned when it comes to my morals and values. I don't sleep around. I didn't know that showing cleavage was slutty tho. By your definition, I'm not old fashioned. But that's ok, because that's your definition.

• I totally agree with you. I am a bit on the conservative side myself and I always wonder that too. I believe there are still some guys out there that love the traditional girls but we are yet to run into them

• I am not a party girl and don't do one night stands. So, I'm just like that... I have a boyfriend for more than a year who loves that I am not like those other party girls who throw around with their body. Those guys are still there, even though you haven't met them.

• Some like it , some don't. The definition of old fashioned is different for everyone. And ladies stop getting your panties in a bunch about her definition of old fashioned it's not a big deal smh. and no being old fashioned doesn't mean you are high maintenance if that where the case men wouldn't say women today are high maintenance. Damn, if your proud of not being old fashioned ( whatever it might mean to you) why are forgetting upset. I'm not old fashioned and non of this made me upset.

• I'm like that and I'm no where near old fashioned haha.

• I am an old fashioned girl. I do believe woman is better stay at home to cook and manage her family, eventhough I have a career in a men's world... that's my relationship goal honestly, to be a stay-at-home mum ;)

• Well I am religious as well as old fashioned (according to your definition!) and let me tell you some guys still like the good old fashioned ones!

• Do u flirt or approach guys @ all? Party girls will at least flirt with guys to show they want them. If ur not doing anything, guys may be too nervous to approach you.

• So you feel superior to "modern girls" or what are you saying?

• Good old way

• not really

• 🙄🙄🙄 Guys like what they like. Maybe they just don't like girls that slut shame.

• Hey, I fall under the category of "old fashioned" & I see nothing wrong with having that mentality :) I obviously don't know how guys feel about it, but I once dated a guy who seemed to hold the same beliefs :) That being said, the only way it can truly work out if the two people involved have the same ideals and neither one feels pressured to change to make the relationship work. A guy who's into partying won't really value what an old fashioned girl has to offer if you get where I'm coming from :)

• I think it depends. Plenty of guys like a more demure style... But fewer and fewer are satisfied with being a walking wallet. So pick and choose which "old fashioned" traits you find valuable.

• According to the way you described old-fashioned girls im one kinda. Im a virgin and I dont do one night stands, but im not waiting for marriage either. I rarely if ever show cleavage, and I have big boobs..

Im not old fashion at all, bit most guys dont cut it.. hence me still being a Virgin

• I think they do. I can't count the number of guys I know who fawn over Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe

• I guess some will. I think guys like girls who do not judge and are accepting, so if you are what you describe as old fashioned, does that mean you know how to be understanding of how others choose to do or view certain things differently.

• Sounds like a Muslim girl.

No seriously like Muslim girls still keep this value of being old fashioned.

Cover up, family values, education, simple, doesn't party or drink or smoke (its forbidden anyways).

We usually end up getting married to only Muslim guys anyways.

• More from Girls
    1