Guys, what makes a girl "intelligent" to you?

So, many guys say they look for a woman who is smart. But how do you define intelligence? Do they mean someone who is knowledgeable on a variety of subjects? Or, perhaps she doesn't necessarily have deep knowledge on some things, but understands things quickly and can formulate a reasonable opinion of her own? Does she need to be educated in certain fields, such as science, or art?

(women welcome to answer).

Most Helpful Guy

• If she can tell me I love you in 3 different programming languages... LOL!

Intelligent to me means she's either pursuing or at least interested in something STEM. But, that's to me and to each his own.

• mho because I study comp science! :P

• That's awesome! Web development is definitely fun. If you ever need help with some PHP, MySQL or Javascript, let me know! I've done web development in the past. But, if you're really into web development, learn C# . NET instead of PHP. But C# code looks very similar to Java which you might not like. But Java sucks anyways, Oracle ruined it.

• Thank you for your suggestion and for your offer of help! I will definitely message if need be :)

What Guys Said 14

• Intellect can be many things it strikes me that what is being referred to here is more Academics here.
    I find many people fantastically intelligent but are not academic..
    In a woman what is super intelligent to me is an effort to be able to learn to communicate with the opposite sex on a level. Then as you implied share an opinion even though your knowledge is limited on the subject. Take in the information then give informative advice or opinion.
    It's damn sexy when a woman does it. Lol

• Mainly, how smart she lives her life. Such as not over spending and not living in a great amount of debt. Also like you say, understanding things and formulating reasonable conclusions. A college education "can" be a sign that the person is "probably" intelligent, but it is not always the case.

• That's a hard question that deserves an honest answer. In my experience I do like intellectual women, but they can really be stand offish and difficult to approach. It's easy to say something stupid to them, and it can be hard to redeem yourself after that.

I consider myself a smart, attractive, but shy guy.

I think its best to separate some different types of intelligence (I. e. Academic/book smart & intuitively/emotional smart) .

Book smart girls can tend to be just as neurotic as I am, which means nothing will probably happen... we're both to busy thinking about why were not compatible right off the bat.

Street smart girls have usually been who I date, without much long-lasting success. Usually because although they are approachable, they don't satisfy my intellectual side

Just my two cents. A girl who is intelligence to me is the same as what a man is. Reasonably intellectual, but usually more emotionally smart/staid.

• Sorry for rambling, but there are many different forms of smart.

• Many kinds of intelligence, so nothing to pinpoint there. But in my case, I was so charmed by how smoothly she talks, (social intelligence I guess?), we both majored in psychology and had a huge overlap in interests. I guess her intelligence in the shared aspects between us is what matters to me (in the psychology field and in videogames and whatnot). I'm so smitten in that regard. I'm not particularly interested in her ability to do math for example.

• Wit and engagement.
    Wit in the fun, humorous sense of the word.
    Engagement in the awareness of the world around you, having opinion on it and sharing in friendly open discussion about it.

• Any STEM major lol. You tell me you're liberal arts and I assume your IQ is hovering slightly above room temperature.

• Good grades and a wide variety of general knowledge. Or lots of knowledge in a certain subject. That's nice as it shows passion for something :)

• But ultimately, I'd attribute intelligence to getting good grades.

• Wisdom > Naivety.

I base intelligence on the fundamental, the challenges and accomplishments of individuals in relation to their character, their reasoning, and purpose.

• Not when she knows lots of stuff academically, but she must be wise. Her philosophy and common sense must be good. To be intelligent.

• As long as she's smarter and more mature than me.

Like, I'm patient and docile, but that's pretty much it.

• Common sense + Sense of humour = Intelligent girl
    As per my thoughts so I don't know what
    other guys think 😶
    Hope you got my equation :P LOL 😁

• Insight and perception in an unstructured environment is the biggest indicator of intelligence for me. It's something the academic world doesn't test for or value directly but makes all the difference in real life. I know way too many academically gifted fools.

• good common sense, reading good books of broad interests, being humane, scientific curiosity.

• To me I am simply referring to the definition of intelligent. Being a capacity for understanding new concepts and ideas.
    Yes yes, there are many forms of intelligence, sure. But there is one actual meaning of the word too.

Now as for knowing a lot, that is being intellectual. If an intellectual girl claims to be intelligent on the basis of her intellect that does not necessarily make it false but it does compose a pretty poor case, does it not?

What Girls Said 1

• I have no clue... I am not intellengnt!