If u have depression can starting a relationship make it worse?

Most Helpful Guy

• If she can help you out and she looks past it it can help the Depressed person out much more then just staying to himself

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not really fair to the other person to jump into a relationship with them if you have depression. More than likely, you will only be dragging them down with you, and that's no good. You gotta realize that a relationship won't fix your problems, so it's better to put dating on hold if you have lots of big ones. I don't know if it'll make it worse, but, ultimately, it won't make it better.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't advise it you aren't bringing your best self to the table or seeing things clearly when very depressed. If the relationship fails it is just going to drag you deeper into the muck. Fix other areas in your life first that are causing you to do down like the job search thing. Once you have that figured out you will be back on the upstream and in a better mindset to be in a relationship. If the relationship fails you still have the job to keep you busy.

• Depends on the relationship
    He or she can make it better for you as in you'd feel wanted and be with them a lot hence less time for depression if that makes sense
    But if it's really bad then being in a relationship isn't worth it for the other person
    Like people say
    How can you love someone when you don't love yourself

• I think it depends if the person is someone who makes you want to better yourself. My ex made my depression worse. My current boyfriend made all of it disappear