You know when you go out on a date and the other person grabs the phone? What is some cool thing to say in this situation other than awkward silence?

For me this is an incredible deal breaker but people these days tend to do this so much! They are too used to be holding their phone, just checking the phone for no reason at all. To me that is annoying and sends me a message that I shouldn't be there.

So when I find myself in this kind of situation, is there anything I could say to the person? Anything funny that would break the ice and also make the person aware that they are ruining the date by doing that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if the person just checks the time and then puts it back then I think there's nothing bad about it. But if checking the phone becomes a habit then perhaps you could try exhaling a sigh very audibly.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Wow, you seem really busy, excuse me, and walk out.

• Yea, I hate this too. I hate this even with people I don't know. I just don't use my phone. It's a non issue for me. My phone is not important to me at all. I feel your pain.

• text them a message... any message.

• Love this!! haha

• If any friend does that to me when we hang out I always text: "Awwww remember when we jsut used to sit and talk? Those were the good old days."

• Lol I'd have no problem with that?

• I totally do. If the person is always checking their phone while on a date with me well.. that just means that I am not that intersting or that important. So why the hell are they on a date with me then? haha

• Because if its your first date, thats kinda rude to judge on them about it. I am on phone sometimes too but if they don't like it, They can just leave lol

• Are you dating your phone would be my first tought. Actually jusf tell them how rude

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell them: if you would care to look at me for at least 2 seconds, maybe wed actualy be able to hold a conversation.