Is it too late? I am 40 and single. My first boyfriend died when I was 16 and till reacently I was crying and sad. I feel lonely now and need someone?

I am in good shape and I look good for my age. Some people say it's hard to find someone at this age but at the same time I see so many people getting married at this age! Honestly I never met single guy at my age but other people do I don't know how or where but they do!!! Should I give up?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard meeting people when your older. I know I've been single for nearly 2 years. Tbh though I don't go out of my way to find a girlfriend. I was in a relationship for a long time and I'm enjoying seeing my mates again and coming and going as I please. People meet people at all times of life though. Gotta learn to open your eyes and see what's around you. You won't meet somebody sitting in the house. Gotta put your coin in to play the game. How many people I know who get hit on and they're confidence is that shot they just put it down to the person being nice. Have no self esteem is like putting the blinkers on to life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure you're a thousand years old, but I'm a thousand and one. If you made a succubus who was a carbon copy of me, said succubus would have little trouble on the mating market.

But, the key is that I WOULDN'T BE LOOKING. That's the key. Well, not "I". "She". My identical twin succubus.

She'd be BUSY. With her #freelancelife and her #gymlife and her volunteer work and all the other ways she's bout that life.
    And, well, if she wanted men, they would just kinda be there.

Really, that's the secret. Get in, fit in, do shit. With passion. People will notice, oh yeah they will. Including yummy people of the opposite sex.

What Guys Said 19

• Your first boyfriend died when you were 16 and you have been crying since? 24 years is a long time to be crying. No wonder guys have avoided you. You need to completely change that if you hope to find a guy.

• Become a cougar!!

• Its never too late I have a friend that has recently started dating again and totally in love (she is 42) came out of a bad relationship years ago and had given up on love forever.

• You kinda should have come to this realization about... well, 16 years ago. But online dating is still a bet.

• Well I'm 44. I'm not single but I'd hope if I were I wouldn't be alone for the rest of my life.

As for where to find people? I'd say online... try some dating sites or join some social groups.

• Don't give up! You are most definitely not as old as you think you are. And don't compare yourself to everyone else, that's never good. Have you tried local meet up activities in your area or even online dating?

• You should give up because at that time u want sex at the age until u mature or think about marriage. Now u r asking for this think about that time when u have time to get marriage n u. can have baby. So left it u don't even have chance to get these all thinfs

• you are alive so everthing is possible :) go find a man that cares about you and u can enjoy your life

• Its never too late for anything. Just be yourself and be free!

• Yes. You should find some one. On your first date. You can go see Star Wars: The troll awakens.

• Get yourself to OKCupid. com.

• It might not be too late, send me a picture.

• hun start going on a lot of different sites plenty of guys there that would love you

• You can always give online dating sites a try. Never give up tho.

• I'm 36 and single. My now ex moved to Australia. So it's never too late

• Yes u need someone for love :)

• I dont know... maybe. Im 26 and I think its too late for me, never even had a girlfriend :(

• so whats up you've been mourning him for all these years? i can't get if you are psychotic or the most loving girlfriend ever.

• There are many divorced or widowed men in their fifties, according to stats. One is enough, if it's a good one.
    Yes, it's no younger the glut 20 yo girls are used to.

What Girls Said 4

• How or why they meet people? I know a lot of people who have had good success dating through OKC and FetLofe and other social sites. Maybe do up a profile (or revamp a current one) and give it a whirl?

• Don't give up. Have you tried online dating?

• The single troll as usual

• I see lots of people dating in their 40s, 50s and beyond. My uncle just started dating a woman he loves and they're both in their 60s even.

You do need to get out and meet people to date, though.