Am I afraid to be in love because of my previous relationships? How to get over it?

I'm 21 and the guy I've been dating for 5 months is 22. The thing is that lately I've become so emotional about everything. Especially when we have to apart from each other. We live only 5km away, but we see each other mostly 2 times a week, cause we're both very busy – I work and go to uni, he plays in a band and goes to uni, too. Absolutely everything is fine with our relationship and all is becoming better every day. Last week he introduced me to his family and he also surprised me with a get-away vacation out of town for 2 days to spa hotel, I was head over heels when he invited me to go with him, since these 2 days were the only days for him that he had free, and he decided to spend them with me! I've never been intoruced to a guy's parents before, even though I have had 4 relationships before, one of them lasted for 1 year and others only couple of months. And today, when he brought me back home from the spa, I started to cry when I got home? I suddenly felt so overwhelmed and I can't tell if these were tears of joy or sadness. Because now now there's finally someone I can lean on and who cares and loves me, all the other relationships have failed 'cause I've been cheated on or just dumped. He has only had one relationship two years ago and his girlfriend also cheated on him. Also, at the family dinner his mom told me that he has never introduced a girl to his parents before. I guess the reason why I'm so emotional about is that he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Silly, I know. I just feel a bit insecure, 'cause I'm afraid he will leave me too eventually, since we aren't exclusive, although we act like a couple. I should not rush it, right? But he talks with other girls too and even though I don't show it out, I get jealous very easily. I love him so deeply, but what's up with my crazy emotions lately? I want to know if someone has also had these kind of uncertain feelings and how to get over it, thanks!

Also, we go out to eat a lot and during the first 2-3 months he never suggested to pay my bill and I always had to pay my own (and it was okay for me), but then one time he suddenly insisted that he pays all of it and since then he has paid for everything, even though I've told him it's not necessary. But now he wants (!) to pay for me, too. Was he previously testing the waters to be sure I'm not after his money?

What Guys Said 2

• U just have to learn to trust or every relationship will be doomed. They just don't work without it but if its really bad u may have to talk to somebody about it professionally

• He's a keeper and you probably know that pretty well

What Girls Said 1

• I know a broken heart may seem like the worse thing that could happen (and, yes, it's up there in terms of pain), but will you be unable to go on if you let love in and it doesn't work out the way you planned? No. You'll be able to survive. As wonderful and amazing and inspiring as love is, it's not everything when it comes to life.

Life is about so many things and, while love does play a big part in many aspects of life, without it you won't wither away and die. Without it, your life won't have lost it's meaning. Whatever you think the worst thing that could happen is, remember that love is better than that and it's worth the risk. Every single time.