Freshman and senior in high school?

I'm a 14-year-old girl who was asked out by this senior who used to go to my school. I have had a crush on him since I was in sixth grade and literally when this happened 6th-grade me died. I know that he is a senior, but is it possible he isn't just using me? I don't know this is really hard to figure out and I can't talk to my friends about it because they're very, very jealous of the situation, I also can't really talk to my mom about this because if I do want to get to know him better I don't really want her to know about his drug habits! I would love any guidance I could get :)

• dont do it
  • do it
  • idec

Most Helpful Guy

• Dial 911 for advice on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, if you're 14 and he's 18, then it many states it would be illegal for him to do anything sexual with you.
    Secondly, if he's a senior he's probably going to go to college next year. A relationship is not going to last.
    If you'd like to give it a chance you can, but please be extra careful because it sounds like he's just using you.

• in my state it's not illegal, and he is still 17. That is something that worries me but honestly i dont think it's going to go anywhere.

• okay I just wanted to make sure, especially since you mentioned some trouble with drugs.
      You can try talking to him more but honestly I don't think you'll have a lot in common. When you're both adults, 4 years is not a big age difference. But right now you're in different stages of your lives. You're a freshman just getting to know what it's like in high school. He's about to graduate and needs to make decisions on what he's going to do after that. You just have different focuses, so it just doesn't sound like it would work out.

What Guys Said 4

• My daughter was a freshman who dated a senior.

I mean you can if you want... but you gotta ask yourself... If you were a senior what would you really have in common with a freshman? She's a senior now and she agrees with us that it was... weird.

• I don't think it's safe. If you were my daughter I would say no.

• I am a senior too but you sure he asked you out? Lol like as in what you think it is?

• we were at a party and he legit said "hey, i think we should go out sometime" and gave me his number.

• Yea wasn't that lol Sorry sugar

• But hey, doesn't mean u can't have fun lol

• you're only 14, and he'll be going to college soon, plus it's illegal, don't do it. i honestly think he's kinda creepy

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's fine for a senior and a freshman to date, as long as you're cautious.

The part that I'm worried about is his drug habits. What type of drugs? If it's just Marijuana, it's not that bad, but if it's any harder stuff I would suggest staying away. Addiction is not a path that you want to go down.

• just pot, but still not something i want to share with my mother ahah

• Druggie ugh maybe he's got plans for ditching prom early for recreational fun

• He's too old for you and he does drugs hell no

• Just be cautious, if he is trying to make the moves on you then he just wants sex. If he really wants to get to know you, then he will take his time.

• The age difference is on the off side, like the girl under me is saying. DO NOT have sex with him, but if you do make sure you are safe while doing so. I do feel like he might be using you. Here's a sure fire way to tell if he's using you, If he askes for nudes or anything of that sort, he's using you. Good guys will not ask for that, if they really care for you that is.