Im 16 my boyfriend is 31?

just asking do you think me and my boyfriend will work out we dont never argue or fight we have mature talks and he treats me like a lady even though im only 16 should i stay with him or find a boy my own age i hear that older and young relationships dont work
what do you think?😶

i live in Maryland
my city is baltimore

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello. My honest opinion is it all depends on what's going on. Such as are you two sexually active. How many times weekly or monthly and if he's trying new things. (And no I am no perv I would just like to know the situation before a full answer.)

-John

• well im a still a virgin the night i was supposed to have sex with him. I didn't go and he was very pissed😢

• Thanks babe :)

• I don't know where you're from but it might have been statutory rape. A 15 year age difference is challenging between two grown adults -- more so between an adolescent and an adult, particularly if there are issues around legal age of consent. I'm not saying stay or go; I'm suggesting you find some objective open minded counselling for yourself. Get educated on your feelings and the law where you live and look at whether this fits your life and goals...

Most Helpful Girl

• You're clearly more mature. I was like that, still am. Whether it works out or not, it's solely up to you two. Prefer my guys olderish.. Maybe you'll change. Like I said, this relationship is up to you two, so make the best of it. Live your life ☺️☺️❤️

• thanks your very kind and sweet 💟

• Thank you xx

• ⭐👍welcome

What Guys Said 19

• Sugar daddies at your age? Fucking shit, they do start early with this :/

I'm sorry but a guy that's 31 going out with a 16 y/o is waaaay too creepy. I highly doubt this'll work.

• Thank you man i need the truth and gave it to me thanks
      your very wise gentleman⭐👍👍👍

• sorry but i think he is to old for you, maybe if you were 21 and he was 31 that might work... not only is he to old for you, but you are to young for him.. if he wants to get married and have kids, id probably say he would be wanting that within the next 5 years, in which case you'll be 21, you really wanna end your life at 21? lol... but seriously, you may or may not wanna travel, and if you do, you'll probably wanna build a career and have some sorta life before settling down, all of which he will want to do way before you are likely to be ready for it. I'd let him go, tell him i said sorry lol.

• g thanks buddy
      👍⭐😃

• I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear but in my opinion a 16 year old and a 31 year old is a bit inappropriate. I mean, without knowing about your relationship I can't say whether it'll last but it's maybe worth asking yourself what's wrong with him that he can't find someone closer to his age, because it definitely crosses the line into creepy

• i know when we talk he says he wants fuck me and he said for me to not tell my parents that he likes me

• Thanks☺

• @Red_Arrow hey thanks your very wise and truthful there for im gonna tell my parents and break up with him⛪👏

• hmm it depends on the country. in the US its 18
    in Canada its 16
    the list goes on but I don't know about anywhere else
    any ways i would consider him to be wayyyyyyy fuckin old. I would suggest evaluate what made you make this choice and improve on your next choice of man. There are guys who treat girls exactly the same at your age compared to a 31 year old man. I would consider it pedophilia.

• Okay thanks man
      👍

• lol you have nothing to say except "protect" your ego, get yourself together @VirginiaBeachBum

• This is not legal advice but..

Legal she of consent varies a lot more than just between national borders. There are differences between states and also different ages , different genders etc.

• Wait what? 31 years old dating a 16 years old? What could he possibly be attracted to in a 16 years old? No offense. I'm 23 and I'm iffy about girls that are 18 or 19. Your "relationship" has pedophilia written all over it. I understand how some girls during puberty get attracted to older men with more masculine traits, so, it's just a phase that will pass in your case. But for his case, I honestly don't know what exactly is going on... he's almost double your age.

• Okay should we break up
      he only talks about sex

• I'm not surprised there, wow! He's definitely a pedophile.

Yes, you must break up...

• hey thanks dude.

• Why would a 31 year old want to be with someone who is 16? You are still in highschool. The who situation seems creepy to me. You should break up with him as soon as possible because only 31 year old creep would go for a teenager. I would suggest for you to date someone close to your age at this point in your life.

• Thanks finally someone that tells the truth
      No games
      thank you it means a lot

• Wondering why I got down rated even though it does not bother me

• i didn't do it
      you saved my ass man thanks👍

• You said it yourself in your comment in other people's opinion that all he really talks about and aim for is sex. This does not end well.. and you should leave him asap for your own good.

• hey Thanks☺ and mature
      and dont judge thanks👍

• hmm I know a girl who was together with a man much older, hell I know more girls who did that but yeah.

definitely you are asking yourself if that's wrong and it really depends, at least you are being treated well by your boyfriend and that's what counts.

• Thanks man this is the right answer for me👍⭐👍

• Ain't tellin you how to live your life. I hate this usual parental behaviour

• Okay☺

• He must be very immature and therefore has a hard time getting women his age, I'm guessing.

I'm sorry but I think it's really creepy to imagine what even a grown man wants anything to do with a high school girl...

• should we break up he does treat me pretty good but he only talks about sex

• He doesn't love you, he just wants sex from you because he can easily manipulate you. My advice would be, yes, break up.

• okay thanks dude 🚹👍💪

• I don't know where you live, so I can't speak to the legality of the relationship. But in general, an age gap of that difference, especially at your age, is not a good idea. That's not to say it couldn't work out, it's just not likely to.

• hey thanks
      i live in Maryland thats my state
      my city is Baltimore

• So up until now, they has not been a "physical" relationship? If that's the case and what he said made you feel uncomfortable, that should be a red flag for you, right?

• Ugh! "they" s/b "this"

• There's no way you have anything in common.

• Okay thanks for your opinion ☺

• 0|0
    • What is this telling me
      My boyfriend is white not Pakistani

• Who the hell is that guy in the picture? Man he is PISSED!!! LOL.

• @DBAOracle have no clue
      its not my boyfriend he's white

• I think you need to get a boyfriend around your age. No 30yr+ guy should be with a girl under 18.

• okay thanks dude👍💟👍

• I read some of your other comments and this guy gives me the creeps. Please get out ASAP.

• thanks i need too

• Hi, no. This is not healthy and can set up some really bad clingy/abusive issues down the road.

• Yeah, you guys will work out for the next 20 years.

• I'm being totally sarcastic. That's ridiculous if you didn't really already know. I think right now the biggest spread for you is 2 years.

• He he😛😃

• smh goofy kids lol

• Yep, you are jailbait, and he is a pedo. We got it, tnx.

• Okay im gonna leave him

• This is my opinion:

I'm sorry, but that's disgusting.

• We're all going to be saying no here you know. Sure, you could potentially work out, every once in a blue moon I suppose it does. But it isn't likely at all and any man who asks you to hide the fact that you're seeing each other from your parents is just a lets dump him and move on type of guy.

• Hey thanks man every thing you said touches me complete👍👍

• this sounds like a fuck buddy setup with a fancy title no real compatibility here

What Girls Said 26

• I don't see what any business you have to do with a 31 year old man, or what you have that someone around his age or even the legal age doesn't. I think you should find a man your own age solely because you're still learning about yourself, you're still going through all these experiences as a young tell and you deserve to live through every one of them.

• i dont know what to say but your very smart and mindful of people 👍😏☺

• thanks mame☺

• Any type of sex is illegal between you, and he would face severe criminal charges that could result in registration as a sex offender and prison/jail time.

Even non-sex acts could result in criminal charges, such as him taking suggestive photos (child porn), drinking or doing drugs with you, sexting, etc.

All it would take for him to be charged and arrested would be one person calling the police and saying they saw any of the above. This can and does happen often in.

Be careful, if you have sex and let's say you got pregnant, he can be prosecuted.

• thanks you very good helpful person

• I'm not sure what country you're in, but your relationship is illegal, and I'm sorry, but your boyfriend would be considered a pedophile in most places. I once had a boyfriend that was four years older than me, and it didn't work out. You're still a child, and by the time you reach adulthood you'll want two different things. On top of that, I can't imagine what a 31 year old would have in common with a 16 year old, and if he has anything in common with you, he's a very very strange 31 year old you probably shouldn't associate yourself with.

• You need to break up and tell your parents. From your comments we can see that he's just using you for sex.

• Thanks @bellepepper
      😍

• This is not right and he knows it. Otherwise he would not want to hide it from your parents. He is using you and you're being very naive.

• can't argue with that

• sorry, that just makes me cringe.

• Okay your opinion Thanks☺

• your boyfriend is a creep.

• i notice that he only talks about sex he never says he loves me

• That is a really really bad sign, I think you will regret it if you stay with him.

• That's a huge red flag, OP

• That's what I call psychological issues. That's also what I call... pedophile alert. I don't even understand why you're asking this question. If you have to ask for a strangers opinion on this, then I think you already know the answer.

• I know but i dont want to be wrong my friend is 19 she says its pedophilia
      bit i came to ask is it really

• Your not wrong and thanks i needed the truth and you helped me alot😏

• Subconsciously maybe but I wouldn't be running around shouting "OMG look at that girl, look look everybody look how she's dressed!" 😅😂

• Oops wrong answer to wrong question please ignore 😁

• But to answer your question too I don't think it's a good idea to be in a relationship with someone that much older at 16. You might really love him but there's a not so small chance he's just using you so be careful ~ also its not legal so he might get into real trouble if anyone finds out.

• Thank you lady⭐

• Well, depending on where you are located, that might be illegal.
    But other than that, nobody can really tell whether or not you'll work out for sure. Honestly, any relationship with a teenager is likely to not last, but that doesn't mean it won't.

• I think you're being used and you too young to know it

• your right he only talks about sex
      he nevered told me that he love me
      i told him i love he said okay okay thats enough 😢

• You don't argue at all? Every true relationship has to have fights or arguments sometimes. What does a 31 year old man exactly want from a 16 year old anyway? If not sex then what? Be cautious. I'd leave the relationship asap.

• Thank you
      he talks about sex alot😥

• he has never said love or care about me😥

• That's pedophilia, so you should leave him.

• I'm sorry honey but please go find guys ur own age.. I promise u not all guys out there are ass holes. . but 31 with a 16 year old is just wrong.

• Love is love age is only a number if ya happy then don't worry about it.

• What... Why the fuck would a 31 year old man want to be with a 16 year old? Something sounds a bit shady.

• well he's a college teacher in los Angeles and i live in Maryland
      he only talks about sex when we talk so i dont know what he wants

• thanks lady im gonna tell my parents

• Ok good job. :) Wish you the best xo

• He's not a boyfriend, he's a pedophile.

• Age is not a problem... The man I love is 35.

• love is love

• Honestly, in my opinion if He's old enough to be your parent that's too old

• No offence but he sounds like a loser...

• There no offence thanks girl you opening my eyes to his bull shit. So thanks miss😘

• Hope you dump his ass! You deserve the best and never let any guy manipulate you to think other wise :)

• thanks girl
      its time to kick this bitch to the curb

• Sounds like your on to a winner. Don't listen to all the nay sayers. Im 16 and have been with my boyfriend who just turned 32 for the last two years and its been great. We just got married and are expecting a baby. So yes it can work out.

• oh thank oh thank maybe there is hope for us
      im so happy
      you made my day⭐⭐⭐👍👍👍👍

• I'm sure you mean 13 not 31 and if you were honet and happy you wouldn't ask this question here right now.

• i said 31 my boyfriend im 16😥

• It's hard to believe that

• well it is good day!

• I think any man that age who is interested in a teenager has issues. Any man or woman actually

• thank you muss

• Sorry misspelled
      i ment thank you miss
      sorry ⭐

• I think he's way too old for you and it's not going to work. Especially since you're probably a minor and you're in completely different stages of your lives.

• 1. should leave him
      2. tell my mother
      whats sounds better to you

• okay thanks lady ⭐

• You're welcome!

• I think it's gross personally
    What does a 31 have in common with a 16 year old and what does a 31 year old mam want from a 16 year old girl that's not sexual?

• Im not sure
      should we break up
      also is my relationship really pedophilia
      my friend is 19 she says its pedophilia
      what do you think