Why do girls on dating sites always suck at conversations?

Usually I'll start talking to them, and every single response they give is a dead end, and leads the conversation absolutely no where.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you trying to "chat" through messages? I find this to be a mistake. The "Hey what's up?" approach isn't great because

A) most people don't stay logged on to dating sites
    B) most people want to check once a day and wrap things up
    C) a lot of guys who get nasty start this way

Short paragraphs with a mixture of questions and statements is best.

Most Helpful Guy

• They are sipping from an eternal stream of compliments and solicitations. You're nothing but a drop in the bucket to her, and it's not personal. Except it kinda is, because right after receiving your message, she received another from Mr. Hunkalicious with 19-inch biceps and a six-figure salary.

When the Ashley Madison leak occurred, the results were as expected. It was a sausage fest. Don't let number of women you have to choose from fool you, because what you don't see are the massive number of men alongside of you eyeing the same prey.

She sucks at conversations probably because she never had to learn how to be interesting. Why change the script, when the eternal stream of compliments by definition, always persists? Why give C-Player a chance when she just received a message from A-Player? Her options outnumber yours by a factor of 4, at the very least.

Girls can get addicted too. They really get a thrill out of getting gawked at, and wined and dined for free without fear of futility. I joined OkCupid 3 years ago. I left after a year, took a break, came back a year later, then took another break for about a year.

Guess what? Many of the same faces around MY area were still there, active as can be and desperate for that SPECIAL MAN. What chances do YOU have of getting the bitch off of OkCupid? Slim to none. Let's be honest here. Online dating is a raw deal unless you're an A-Player.

What Girls Said 8

• They are getting a lot of attention from other guys, but you can break from the pack. Instead of the normal how are you, what do you do, what do you like, etc questions maybe ask the following:

Would you rather be attacked by a grizzly or a nest of hornets?
    If you could be one animal for the day what would it be?
    What superpower would you have?
    If you had to lose one of your 5 senses what would it be?

Well you get the idea... basically make her think and keep her intrigued, wanting more... Or maybe try trivia questions if you are looking for a smarty ;)

• Lioness, Spot on ! I've been on Tinder, there are guys who is witty and interesting people to talk to. We dont need you to appear like a boyfriend, husband material... nor a pervert.
      Just be funny and the guy will stand out from the rest.

FAQ: Where do you live?
      Will you come over to my place? (I respond with F off)
      What do you do for a living?
      Hey, how are you? ( good for a start)
      Nice photos ( you are not the first who said that)

All of the above is lame.

• @LenoreMcK89 Glad you agree :D Ladies love wit, banter, humor all good!

• Perhaps they're just not interested in you. Just being polite. You know, girls usually get HEAPS of messages on dating sites, it can be overwhelming. Usually they'll engage in a proper conversation only if the guy truly stands out to them.

• That is probably what you get from many girls. I have's watched as guys stretch for questions from me to keep the conversation going. That usually means I'm not interested. The other reason in my opinion is I want to change the subject but I don't know how to do so with this particular guy. If we were face-to-face I would call it tongue-tied but I guess it's called keyboard tied. lol

• They're probably not interested, not meant to be harsh.
    Half the time people message me here and I'm like "nope, go back to where you came from buddy"

Otherwise it might be you're starting the conversation wrong? Possibly?
    Don't be too needy or pushy or even compliment her too much. If she's pretty, chances are she knows it...

• If she isn't interested, then why not say so, or just not bother responding?

• because they clearly saw potential. And a lot of people believe "greeting" is polite

• They dont like you

• Well are you asking open ended questions?

• They probably don't want it to go anywhere hence the dead end conversation.

• Then why even bother responding?

• It is either a lack of interest or they are worried about letting out too much information to someone they haven't met.

What Guys Said 4

• Lol. All of the girls responses were, it's not her its you. Lol. This is the problem with woman today. Unreal expectations.

• Because most women suck at conversation. The ones that are good are more fun to talk to.

• Because they think it's your job to entertain them.

• Not so! It is very overwhelming for women on dating sites and I feel bad for the guys who reach out and I either miss or just disengage. When you have 300 msgs within 4hrs it can be a bit much. In fact I like to entertain THEM, so your theory is wrong sir, at least for me :P

• What makes you think you haven't broken a few?

• @Lioness I want to break all of them.

• You're either not interested enough or you ran into one of the girls who considers her vagina a free card to lack all other positive traits. They're quite common and they do get away with it. They never get far in the relationship department of course.

Just be different. Tell a genuine joke, share some experience. Stand out a little somehow. It isn't even about your looks or picture. Most women on those sites will be happy talking to someone who feels like a normal and sensible human being.