Im afraid that ill be alone forever?

Im 22 and never had a legit boyfriend. I spend my nights at home cause i have social anxiety and have a hard time meeting new people. The only time i'm around people is when i go to my college classes, therefore was hoping id find someone at school. I've seen a few guys, but as I've mentioned before, my anxiety gets in the way. So far I've had the worst luck with guys. I just turned 22 the other day and im freaking out that im never going to find someone. I feel the older I get the harder its going to be to find someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have social anxiety all the time? And you won't be alone; you'll find that person who's right for you.

• Yes i do. Even with my family I do.

• alone listening to music or reading. the only person im truly comforable with is my cat lol D:

• Start off slow, I like reading books alone. It just takes time; maybe talk to someone who shares similar interests with you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't fret. Do you have a therapist? I have a lot of trouble with guys. I have social anxiety, major social anxiety, but I'm learning to deal with it. Despite this, I still have terrible luck with guys. I continue to always pick and choose the wrong ones because I know subconsciously that our relationship will end in failure. This is due to my fear that I will end up with someone just like my dad. Don't freak out. If you do have a therapist talk this out with him/her. If you are so afraid, then you will have to find the courage to change your ways. It's not easy, I know. I've been there, but you've got to try.

What Guys Said 4

• This is a problem, you should go to the doctor and get anxiety pills to help you because this could become a bigger problem in the future

• 22 is hardly the end of the line. You'll find someone don't worry.

• Ahhhhh get out there finding someone isn't everything ^^ used 2 be like that know i don't really care if i do ^^i just live my life and let live decide.

• I feel this too :(

What Girls Said 2

• Have you talked to your therapist about it?

• i haven't been to my therapist in a year but since youve mentioned it I should probably go back cause my anxiety is getting bad again. Ill mention this to them for sure. thanks.

• Good luck! I hope you get back to a good place soon :)

• Google Noah Elkrief and watch his videos on social anxiety. I personally think he is awesome.