Should I date younger or older or someone my age?

I'm confused but i need to know if i should date someone younger than me or older or around my age. What's the cons of dating them.

• Younger men
  • Men your age
  • Older men

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello, Made With Love. My opinion is that to keep with your age. I'm 21 also. If things don't seem like there going down the path you want them to go on. My honest opinion from experience is that you wate till that one comes that makes the wait worth it. I say that and I haven't fount anyone but I'm also in an occupation that most women wouldn't me to be in. I hope my opinion / advice has helped you. If it has if there is anything I could help you with further I would be happy to help.

-John

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer men my age. We usually have more in common and more to discuss. I also like that we'll be in the same age range when having kids. I don't know i just like men my age. I feel like most older guys grow up too fast for me. Im still sort of childish. A lot of younger guys I know are really sweet and romantic, but I dont like the idea of being the older one. I feel they would possibly look up to me to be the more experienced one. And well... Im not. So guys my age just suit me at the end of the day

What Guys Said 15

• I was chatting to someone here the other day. We were talking about the age bracket of someone you'd date...

At my age I'd consider ten years younger and 5 years older.
    But I guess there are legal parameters around you choosing the same bracket as me :-)

But I would suggest you think how old is TOO old, and equally how young is TOO you. Decide that, I'd suggest before you meet the next guy. Might be helpful... hope so, it was my intention.

Good night, and good luck.

• Older because statistically, they have more money.

• You are too good looking and have your shit together to waste time on guys who won't fully appreciate that. Given you are 21 and that most guys really don't have it together and are mature enough until 25 at least, you should consider dating several years older than you because the alternative is wasted time with immature guys who cannot fully appreciate you.

• Someone in their 30s?

• I would recommend a guy who is in his late twenties or early 30s, has a steady job, and had his heart broken badly at least once. Such a guy will appreciate all you have to offer and you'll be happy having something steady, safe, but still exciting without any drama.

• You should probably date a guy whom you actually like as a person!

Although it's a hassle if they are too old or too young.

• Your age, with a 10% difference maximum seems OK in my opinion

• It's your life. You should live it the way you want to live your life. Does age really deter you from finding true happiness? How other people think really matters to you that much that it affects/changes you to date younger/same/older age men? You do you, fuck everybody else.

• I usually date people my age or very close to it but I think you should just try to find a guy you like and not worry about his age

• Don't make us vote... it's your preference, not ours lol

• Who ever the fuck you want... :)

• Your 21 ideally a 26-27 yr old man start maturing at that age and that is what a woman needs someone they feel secure with, and at the same time 26-27 is not that old is still good... if u date a 23-24 they still fool around and u gonna be turned off like really he still acts like this and if you date 19-20-21 that would make you comfortable because your young so yo won't see like the defects as much anyway is all up to you good luck... xiao mami

• Date someone your age. An older man will take advantage of you while a younger guy may be immature, especially since you are already so young.

• i say younger because i alays wanted one that was older than me.. maybe 3 or 4 years but at the end of the day it wouldn't matter to me im not picky lol

• You can date who you want, as long as it's legal of course, but, just know, people judge

• I don't know, I think older. your in your 20s so date someone 29 and younger. Makes sense right?

• Date to whom you like doesn't matter what is his age

What Girls Said 5

• I've always preferred guys within about 5ish years of my age either way, though the gap was smaller at your age. But I've dabbled outside those lines and this is what I found:

If you go much older, they seem to want to take your life over and own you. They tend to see you as an acquirement and possession rather than person. Or else they're that 33 year old guy wearing teen brand clothes doing shots at the bar nearly every night - which you do not want! Plus, I personally never found much older guys as physically attractive, personally.

If you go much younger (ok, you can't right now!), they tend to either not take anything seriously or want you to take care of them, financially and otherwise.

Around your own age, maturity, intelligence, experience, sexual skill, patience, etc is all very personal.

• MEN YOUR AGE!

• Men your age or older.

• Older€

• At your age range, i say go for a guy who is a few more years than you.