Guys, why are you afraid of falling in love?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Western society makes it a pain in the ass. The media constantly tells you that you're a weirdo if you have been single for too long, especially if you don't whore around in the meantime. This encourages people to enter relationships just for the sake of it, taking quantity over quality. There is even such a thing as the "dating game". It includes all kinds of immature bullshit like making people wait, playing hard to get, and generally being manipulative and dishonest about your feelings. So it really is like a classic game: One winner, one loser. And the one who gets more emotionally invested is the loser and will get hurt.

What Guys Said 22

• I'm not afraid but highly circumspect about it.

Reason bring, I find that the many women, & men alike are not able to embrace a routine and boring life after marriage. So eventually they'll lose the passion for their partner. So I cherry pick and will only date a girl who is infinitely confident that she can love me forever. She cannot be fickle minded or act on impulses. She has to be lucid minded and must understand that a lasting love is based upon an unwavering conviction of loving her partner.

Yeah, I'll fall in love with a girl like that.

• ... because those guys are AFRAID of getting emotionally hurt. Not all guys are this way. :-D

• Because we are aware of how abruptly a girl can change her mind and dump us without explanation.

• scared of putting in time with someone who won't work out. i like being in love. but its never fun to get dumped, heart breaks dont get easier.

• my experience is that women are like deer in headlights if you try and talk relationship, forget about love. women seem extremely afraid of commitment. that is pretty funny because it is always the guy portrayed that way. not even close.

• Not me, I'm afraid there's no one to fall in love with...

• I don't wanna be hurt. I don't wanna pull down my walls only to be stabbed in my wee little teensy heart. I want to fall in love with a girl that will coddle my heart like a little baby. But I don't know what that girl looks like so my walls are up.

• People are fickle and dishonest so it's difficult to bring yourself to invest that kind of emotion in them because the odds are it won't be worth it.

• Last time I did I got my heart fed into a garbage shredder, then set on fire, then fed to rabid wolves.

Like fuck am I putting myself through that shit again.

• I'm not afraid of falling in love, what I wouldn't like is falling for the wrong person.

• I wouldn't say I'm afraid, but I've been screwed over and jerked around enough to make me cautious. I have to be pretty damn certain before I'll take the risk.

• It might have something to do with the fallout of being in love? You know the months, sometimes years of emotional pain.

• I felt in love and i get hurt, but i forgot her at the next week, since then i'm open to any opportunity

• The risks of being fucked over are high. It's nearly no longer worth it.

• I hate the fucking emotional dependence on somebody else which comes with it.

• I'm not afraid I just haven't started looking for her yet. Maybe next year.

• I'm not, I wanna be loved and fall in love with the girl that's still not in my live, yet.

• Lol, this question funnys my tummy

• Honestly I'm afraid of falling in love because I suffer from Emotional Behavior Disorder. EBD completely shuts me down and changes me without me really knowing

• Some women use your feelings as leverage to control you, so letting yourself fall in love, or admitying to it, is something a lot of guys avoid so the relation dynamics won't change

• Because we're likely to get emotionally and financially raped.

• The same reasons women are