Girls/women ambitious for intellectual career. Turn off or turn on?

As per the question the women who want to make a career in intellectual field like rocket science, computer science, engineering, astrophysics, business, political scientist, roboticist, forensic scientists, lawyers, bioethics officers, Cognitive Psychology, Information engineering, data scientist alike etc. (Does not include doctors and nurses) Are these women a turn on or turn off for an average guy?

• Yes a turn on
  • No a turn off
  • Other [specify]

Most Helpful Guy

• Can be either, just really depends on your overall personality about it. It's really lesser of importance to me tbh, as long as she is ambitious in her chosen field that's good to go.

• I have intellectual male friends who chose for homely species and I thought may be successful women were just not made for men. Many of us despite being so grounded are single (but of course committed to intellectual development)

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't see how anyone with a respect for success would find that a turn off.

What Guys Said 15

• nah, i like my girls at most borderline retarded :D

• Those women are retarded in fact already. :P

• currently have a crush on a girl who studies with me^^ i like meeting equal intellegent girls

• Oh the guys like you need to form an online community haha

• i think there is a community out there for that xD if not it would be time^^

• Not the stackexchange and dataversity :P I need to google that community now.

• For me it is a massive turn on when a girl is intelligent and driven. But I know a lot of guys who would feel really emasculated if their girlfriend was more successful/earned more than them. I don't see why tbh.

• Well your GAG name tells your preference. :)
      I believe girls like us do not have a chance with guys with major number of average ambitions.

• I picked other. To me that is more of a relief.

• Relief?

• lmfao I like this haha

• @lacorine197 Twerking or producing babies?

• Don't cut out things in your life that you want to pursue just because you feel men might be turned off.

Pursue anything you want and the man who stands by you is the keeper.

• I find it stimulating totally support it

• Turn off OP. Wtf rather be dating the hostess at buffalo wild wings..

• Easy stuff eh?

• My boyfriend would probably take offense. No thanks.

• My PM box is open when you two breakup..

• its good as long as it doesn't effect her duties as a mom and wife.

• fuk I voted B cuz I thought it said Not a turnoff sorry

anyway that's awesome

• lol no problem you just contributed to flawed statistics results :P

• Lol it's weird but it's actually a turn on

• Uhm, I don't think it's as important as it does how well we get along together.

• It's nice but if the woman is an achiever I will get intimidated

• Total absolute turn on for me, I work in the IT industry.

• only small mean in many ways get turned off by this.

• Its a turn on for two reasons, some times working woman are just sexy, and 2, MORE MONEY

What Girls Said 10

• I find it odd that you included "business" in that list.

I mean, reprizzent y'all!, but... talk about odd-one-out. LOL Business is all people skills, and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla extrovert skills, and all that shit that I do. #freelancelife And all the others... nope.

• People forget how often engineers have to deal with clients. It's about 75% of what we do. People skills are always important.

• I'm also on the west coast and the engineers I deal with are mechanical and electrical engineers.

As I said before, there is an entire infrastucture world that exists outside your view. 😀

• And yeah, the engineer works with the client, service writing in some cases, selling systems in others (work for me)

• If that's a turn off for someone, then I didn't want to be with them anyway :P For me, it's a turn on, I like when someone is determined and knows their goals, though I don't necessarily put 'intellectual' fields above other ones.

• I picked B because, in my view, it is a turn off for the AVERAGE guy. Not because you picked an "intellectual" field, but because you will probably have different interested in life, conversations, less free time. Although some of the ones you mentioned are pretty common.

Anyway, a decent quality guy wouldn't be fazed by that. Either way, you are who you are.

• Average is mediocre, no? Why would I, an engineer, settle for anyone less brilliant than myself?

• i think... it doesn't really matter as long as you're physically attractive and not awkward to talk to.

• If everything boiled down to physically attractive, Donald Trump would be in 50 cents video :D

• He's a man lol- it's different for them :p

• Of course it would be different for them so lets just replace Trump with Ann McLane Kuster or angela merkel :D

• It is only a turn off to those whom can't understand or deal with responsibility.

• I beg your pardon?

• @ArtDent I already explained, I do not need to further. Yes you may have accepted more responsibility than I but look at our age difference. You're about 14 years older than me, and as a teenager I am still learning things in life. But I do not think of social status at all or wealth when it comes to being interested in a potential romantic interest.
      Other teenagers are probably just as broke as I am AND in the future whomever I marry I won't care what their job is or how much money they make. Now please, if you continue to pick a fight with me and insult and patronize me then I am not going to reply nor read any of your comments. Thank you for understanding and have a nice day.

• I'm just trying to help you.

If you have the mindset that men who don't care about a woman's career goals are losers, then you may find yourself with a user who is happy to see you away at work most the time and who will tell you what you want to hear in order to continue mooching.

Men don't value ambition in women.
      Women value ambition in men.

It's a mistake to think that there is something wrong with a man who doesn't think like a woman.

• Ambition is always a turn on for me! I work in a profession and yes, smarts are sexy :)

• If a guy isn't comfortable that I have a successful career he can fuck off

• Any guy that has an issue with a girl like that is just threatened by her. Everything is ego.

• I think intelligence, dedication, and motivation are all turn ons.

• I hope it is all true. For me yes intelligence, dedication and motivation are all turn ons.