How do I ask her out?

So I have liked this girl for some time. She's honestly a very amazing girl and is very smart and seems really cool. So far I only have a small relationship with her as her neighbor and possibly the guy she likes (she seems like she likes me). We ride the bus together and I don't really know how to step it up to the point where I can ask. She seems to want to impress me because whenever I say she looks nice she wears something like it the next day. I'm kind of shy, not going to lie, but I have the courage to pull things off, red faced or not. Do I sit next to her, do I wait until valentines day? I don't know. I'm new to this, and I'm almost 14 so that's something.
Please give some advice and possibilities.
Shadow over and out

What Girls Said 1

• Just ask if she wants to go to the movies or something with you one weekend, then just try to hold her hand or something

What Guys Said 2

• Why didn't I ever have a girl next door?

Sit next to her on the bus, or at least talk to. Establish a talking relationship for a bit. Eventually, you could ask her out I guess, but you'll only have something to do if you live in a town where you can walk to the stores from your house.

• your 13 dude I doubt she's smart lol but ill make this simple just tell her the truth whether she says yes or no