Break up or stay together if your guy goes to jail for a few months?

we have been officially dating for a few weeks, he goes to jail in a bit for up to 6 months on charges I can handle. he said we should break up and get back together when he is out, i told him i am fine with it, i can wait for him, so technically we are still together, but he is being really distant. I understand he is stressed about going, but because he told me he is fine with me waiting, should i wait, or maybe he really just wants to end it? how to handle this situation,, any advice would be helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend is in prison and gets out in September. If you love him you'll wait

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is I wouldn't make any promises, I know what its like to have someone and only have them on your mind but I have no idea what its like to not have someone often or every so often there for you in person, to touch to kiss to sleep with etc. So if my heart was into them yes, but if it wasn't a solid relationship yet, I wouldn't actively look but also I wouldn't pass up someone great if they potentially could make me really happy. I think he just doesn't want you to spend your free time waiting for him, then you'd end up resenting him if the relationship wasn't all it could be when he got out, 6 months is a long time and things change, even change on his end.

What Guys Said 2

• He put himself in jail. It is less stressful if there isn't any attachment between both of you. The short relationship isn't ready for this.

• It's your choice; if you feel he is the man for you, stand by him.

What Girls Said 0