Would you consider being in a relationship with a young female lawyer?

... Or would you be too intimidated by her intellect, personality, busy schedule, and financial stability? What are your opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I once met a girl like this, 28 year old law professor and senior partner in a firm. Met her through Match. com. Went on a couple dates and it turned out she made close to 200 grand! I was a by intimidated by this and she was so well dressed, extremely knowledgable and beautiful. I'm just a schlub teacher and make around 60 grand a year. Was intimidating and backed off.

Later heard her admit that her profession and money intimidated most guys and she had been single for over two years and is very lonely.

• Being a law professor and a senior partner at 28 is very impressive! I can imagine how intimidating that would be.

• Yes it was impressive and intimidating. In a league all her own. Got along with her but felt dwarfed. Most girls usually expect the guys to make more then them and be in a higher place in socioeconomic ways. She didn't feel that way though and prefaced that!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell yeah, she'll know all of the loopholes of the law, she'd be able to get me out of any situation. I'd admire her and be proud to with with her as opposed to being intimidated by her. Hyperthetically speaking of course... to make it clear I'm not a lesbian.

What Guys Said 20

• Just because someone studied law and became a lawyer doesn't actually mean they're smart or rational or have common sense. So I would treat her the same as all other women - like a kid. That's actually what women respond to believe it or not. They like to be babied

• Look up requirements for becoming a lawyer.

• Try to rebut what I just said and prove me wrong.

• Sometimes, it's best to admit that you aren't familiar enough with a subject before rambling random words in order to avoid embarrassing yourself. It sounds a lot better than trying to sound like a know-it-all when being put on the spot about something you don't know how to answer, trust me. Just giving you a helpful tip for the future. Have a good day :)

• I want an intelligent woman but I prefer one who isn't a lawer. I think women who go into law tend to be agressive, condescending, and manipulative. Also I feel like they go through a lot of men before settling down. Plus they likely prefer a man equally as wealthy as they are so it would be a waste of time on my part to pursue her.

I think I'd rather be friends with a female lawyer than actually be in a relationship with one.

• No, I cannot imagine something like that, and not only that I can't imagine being in a relationship ever. That can never happen.

Please don't ask why.

• You assume that all lawyers are briliant, not out of work, and not living hand to mouth. This is not true... however if I accept the premise of this question. The only one of those things would bother me would be the lack of time but I have very little myself so it would be hypocritical of me to fault her for that.

• In terms of brilliance, lawyers must have some level of intelligence in order to get through law school, pass the bar exam (lots of memorization), and effectively defend clients. That is even if their brilliance is incomparable to Albert Einstein's intelligence. Although, there are lawyers out there who are unemployed and impoverished. It seems as if most lawyers have problems sustaining relationships due to one or all of these factors combined.

• People are just far to different from one another to make a broad stroke of "this entire profession suffers this specific problem for these three bullet pointed reasons" thats not how people work

• There are many reasons why relationships fail. Although, those three I pointed out are perhaps the most commonly reported reasons for relationship failure in time-consuming, demanding, and rewarding careers, based on my observations.

• Isn't it lawyer a saturated field these days? I'm sure it is. If she is successful as a lawyer it only means she's doing her A game with her career or she has good connections (which I guess means good social status).

Her social status would be irrelevant to me and the fact that she is good on what she does wouldn't affect me either, I'd be happy for her but that's it. I've met people with successful careers that don't really bring anything new to the table intellectually. Even if it profession and intellect were correlated, I turn to a complete dork when a girl challenges me intellectually and that's when I am actually more vulnerable and open to a girl. Quite the opposite with of closed/intimidated.

Personality, completely unrelated to this. Hmm, busy schedule it depends. Financial stability, not worried since I do pretty good already and aim better for the future anyways.

• Only if she was feminine, not masculine

• I'm curious as to why someone has to be intimidated to not want to consider being in a relationship with a young female lawyer? why can't that just not be our interest?

• I dont care what she does. As long as she is happy, respects me and doesn't mind going to dodger games

• I'll commit ritual suicide if I'm ever intimidated by a woman. I'd date a lawyer, if we get married, we'll be pretty wealthy.

• Are you smart, funny, witty, sexy? Would you concentrate on me when we are together?
    If the answer is yes to all no problem. If you have a stick up your butt no. Sometimes it's nice to just be in the same room. One doing paperwork, one reading. Who says you need to be attached at the hip 24/7. But if you're attached to you're phone foget it.

• I have no problem but she have to promise me that she won't file a case on me if we have an argument :P

• Is she gonna cook me bacon? Because that's all that matter. :D

• Doesn't guarantee financial security haha
    There's a glut of lawyers right now.
    But no, I'd really like that.
    I'd appreciate a drive to work hard, an intellect to accomplish her goals etc.

• Wealth isn't guaranteed for the first few years, but it can be assured that she can live comfortably without depending on a spouse.

• One would think a lawyer would refrain from asking such a leading question.

• You're not in the courtroom :)

• Depends on how she uses her degree. Is she serving the interests of the Corporate Elite? Is she a cog in the broken Justice system? Or does she use her degree to fight the failed status quo?

• no cause she knows a lot about law, I know a lot about other things, my only issue is can I trust her after that I fuck her like I fucked these other girls

• If she doesn't rub into my face she's earning more, I wouldn't really mind.

• Im really busy engineer , she can be busy too :)

• The busy schedule would be the only part of that I wouldn't like.

Also it would depend on the kind of law. I like people with real scruples, not elastic ones.

• My cousin's girlfriend, 26, is dating my cousin, 36, for 7 years. She's a lawyer to be

• Reading your description... you are so full of yourself that the answer is No. Because I don't date women with unpleasant personalities.

What Girls Said 0