Which dating site should I try?

Which of these dating sites should I try? I am recently getting back into the dating game and am a little apprehensive. Which one do you think works best? :)

• Tinder
  • Plenty of Fish
  • Hot or not
  • Okcupid
  • Christian mingle
  • Match
  • E-Harmony

Most Helpful Guy

• I only have experience using eHarmony.
    I chose that site because:
    - I liked that the matches were made based on compatability
    - I liked that you had to pay to be a member as that is a filter against the non serious
    - I liked that their niche was for individuals looking for long term relationships

Seven months into a one year membership is when I met the woman who would become my wife. That was in 2005. @GraySailorsBride and I have been happily married for over 9 years (it will be 10 in June). The honeymoon continues...

• That's awesome! Thank you for your help! May you have many more happy years together!

• Thanks for your blessing. 😊

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 18

• Depends on how much you're willing to pay. Christian Mingle has you pay through the nose if you want to do anything for real. But at least it lets you filter better than some others, to avoid getting bamboozled into seeing a total and complete freakazoid.

OKCupid lost all respect in my book when they zapped Brendan Eich. Bunch of perverted Nazis. And now, they're promoting polygamy. To hell with them. I saw for the first time how class-less they were when they referred to Match, their competition, as "STD Central."

I'm a little iffy about E-Harmony. They generally have a good reputation, but the prices... eh...

I didn't know Hot or Not was a dating site at all. Tinder is good if all you want is a one night stand. I've not heard a lot of good things about it though. But at least it's not Craigslist, right? I mean, Craigslist is basically the same as drinking bleach. Their personals section...*shudder*

I was on POF once. Hated it. Can't filter by religion, and all I got was dissed most of the time. I think I actually had to tell that one blonde gal that was constantly mocking my profile that she could go to hell. She wasn't ugly-looking, just mean for the sake of being mean. And childish to boot.

• why go to a dating site when you have soooo many wonderful choices here :P

you should try the free ones first. maybe D to start with.

• Do OKCupid, it is the best free site out there.

Also do Tinder, the culture of the site is morphing from "looking for hookups" to an actual dating site type of feel.

• Why stick with just one? Try all the free ones. The more lines you have in the water, the better your chance of catching a fish. I'd start with Tinder, POF, and OKC. I didn't have very good luck with eHarmony.

• You should stay away from match. I had frequent scammers messaging me and saw lots of profiles of women who had never been active on match. I had much better luck on POF.

• DEFINITELY FARMERS ONLY

• The only one I've done is tinder. I don't use it, not my taste, but it works! I had two dates in my first week. It def. Works.

But in person approaching and offline meeting is so my game, not online, that's just me tho.

• double u double double u dot girlsaskguys dot com

• Christian mingle

,,,,,,,,,

• Depends on what you're looking for I can only speak for tinder just don't expect a real relationship out of tinder.

• it's all about getting one that has a lot of users and a lot of normal people use tinder though i think people are splitting to diff apps which is dumb because it defeats the purpose

• Use eharmony. You will find success there.

Although, if you were a guy, I say you're wasting your time and that online dating is just a failure for most guys.

• Only one that worked for me (somewhat) was OKCupid. Everything else is bunk. Especially Tinder.

• Go tinder.. U need FB though.

• Tinder lol you'd actually pull

• Tinder isn't a dating site. It's a one night stand app.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

• I would say no to each and every site sadly except hot or not haven't tried that. but still people don't give you the time or day here for dating :/ on the other hand friendships might be formed

What Girls Said 9

• I'm not sure about E-Harmony or any of the other sites. E-Harmony to me seems like a good choice if you want to find a really nice guy with good intentions. Christian Mingle seems like exactly what it sounds like lol. A website for religious people to date other religious people. Match seems like you'll find either an average Joe or a temporary Tom. An a. j. meaning a guy who's very basic and simple (nothing wrong with that btw) and an t. t. meaning a guy who may appear to be a good match but isn't and is only in your life to teach a lesson (good or bad). What I know for sure is... If you DONT want a fuck buddy! DONT GO TO TINDER! There are a ton of guys that just want to hook up. I believe about 3% of women actually find a guy and it works out.

• Two of my friends used eHarmony and they are both now happily married so I would recommend that one. With all dating sites you just have to remember that if you want to get serous you are going to have to pay for it. If you just want sex then try Tinder.

• I met my husband on OkCupid :-)

• depends what you're looking for. tinder is probably best for casual dates like drinks etc and for hooking up, okcupid is probably best if you want a relationship.

• None of the above. Go out and meet real people.

• Match.
    My aunt was so lucky and I have a new uncle.

• Never used a dating site but good luck to you!

• Christian Mingle? LOL

• Lol, I have a Tinder and OkCupid account, but I made them because I was bored and don't use it to actually hook up with people. I would use them though. They aren't terrible sites.