How do you feel about "side chick" jokes?

I get that they're jokes, but having a "side chick" is literally just cheating. And I hate that people are starting to normalize this and laugh about it.
Being cheated on effects a person in a really negative way, it's a huge blow to self-esteem, and I don't understand why everyone is acting like it's okay now.

• I don't like it either
  • You're being too sensitive..
  • Indifferent

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I see no harm in making jokes about it. People make jokes about a lot of things, but to me all that does is take power away from the subject, it doesn't make it "normal" or necessarily more likely to happen. If people are so easily swayed into getting a side chick because people like to make jokes about it, they're just a weak person with no self control - it isn't the fault of people who make a joke out of the subject. People just need to be a little stronger.

What Guys Said 3

• There were side chicks around ever since human existence just that they went by different names over the duration of time like second and third wives not that the first was dead or the woman had a divorce, concubines, maidens, mistresses... Etc. Its always been normal. Its now persons are making it into big issues.

Check your history hun!!!

• it's a joke, not a dick. don't take it so hard :P

• I don't like it.. Too

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it really matters. I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's cheating, but it's just a joke. It's serious and people do realize that, but people joke about so many other things that aren't a "laughing matter." I think joking about side chicks is at the bottom of the chain when it comes to things that shouldn't be joked about.

• I don't get the people who always attack the side chick but excuse the dude or lady who bring on the side chick / dude.

Both are held accountable, but the one in the relationship is the one who should be held even more so accountable for their actions.

• it's stupid really. childish.

• I don't like them either

• i don't like it either... i think that its just COMPLETELY RETARDED to think that its normal >:( >:(

• Its something that is glamorized and I hate how being a lying two faced person is o. k. But that's why #wastehistime2016 started women are tired of being treated a certain way and are going to treat men how they treat us. the pendulum has swong and if you have noticed guys can't handle you doing them dirty like they do you. of course not all guys are like this But a lot are.