Why do college girls think guys are "creepy" when they approach them?

Is it because of the media's exagerration of rape? I didn't have this issue in high school but I have it in college.

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not just college girls. This behavior is rampant among women und the age of 30 in general. There are two reasons.

First of all, modern day electronic technology has our generation so self-absorbed, face-to-face interaction isn't as common. So when a man approaches these young women, they act stunned and think it's "weird."

Second of all, most young women are superficial, primarily about how much money a guy has, so they think any "lower class" guy is a "creeper."

It's so difficult for non-rich men these days. Just keep trying, because it can only get better.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Why do college girls think guys are "creepy" when they approach them?
    Possibly the same reason it seems college guys think gals are out to get revenge on them with false rape accusations if they have sex with them. Despite credible statistics showing false rape accusations are at most 8% (I state at most as that 8% includes unfounded ie not verified to be false but no 'evidence' to be considered for prosecution). As well as the only high false rape accusations claims coming from likely biased researchers with questionable methodology (asking other males if they think the person is lying and then quantifying it as a false accusation... as in opinion makes it false not facts or evidence but opinion), outdated data (70s and 80s), and a small sample size (a small town... one anti-feminist researcher who also used the opinion methodology didn't even state where the sample size came from ie what city, state, town... nada).

"I didn't have this issue in high school but I have it in college. "
    Possibly the different set of gals feel you are creepy compared to the high school gals you knew. Or if it's the same set of gals possibly the gals feel more comfortable in letting you know they find you creepy.

Either way in my opinion it is suited not to let this concern you unless you think you are not attractive, appealing, interesting, wealthy, high status enough, and/or socially skilled to get a gal to not find you creepy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Rape statistics are virtually unknown, because many rapes are false, but can't be proven false. On the contrary, many rapes are unreported.

Statistics are false anyway. There is no way to sample an entire population.

• EnglishArtsteacher
      "because many rapes are false, but can't be proven false."
      In your opinion

What Guys Said 5

• It's because the guy is ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because they typically see a few true creep jocks who are self entitled approach them and then it should their idea of the good guys who want something real. Bad apples spoil the bunch. Also some girls if you're not attractive you are immediately creepy to then

0|0
    0|0
  • That is a part of it certainly. Another is that they're taught to overvalue their sex appeal. But many are in new situations and it's their first experience away from home and/or being independent so this exacerbates all of these fears and paranoias. They're also young and immature. You can't come off too aggressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • When girls are at college level all they care about their sorority party's, hot guys and they don't talk to other people unless there the "cool people". (I've seen it, experienced it and saw it happen to others.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Because college girls spend most of their useless lives on Tumblr and living off Starbucks.

0|0
    0|0