Are men the ones who have to work hard at keeping a woman interested?

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this, but it seems to me that once a man manages to get a woman, he must continue to work hard at keeping her interested. Women in relationships just have to give their boyfriends sex and most men will stick around. But it seems like men have to keep on working to keep his girlfriend interested. I think the reason for this is because women, especially if they're attractive, will still be getting lots of offers from other men, so the boyfriend has to keep on working hard at keeping his girlfriend interested.

What I'm getting at is that most men can't just relax and take it easy once they manage to get a woman. It seems that they are forever tring to find ways to keep their girlfriend interested so that she doesn't go off with another man, whereas women just have to give her boyfriend sex and not abuse him. It's easy for most women to keep a man, but it seems that most men have to keep working hard to keep their girlfriend interested. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are men the ones who have to work hard at keeping a woman interested?
    Not in my opinion as it seems the gal has to work hard at remaining attractive despite aging and work hard at keeping his sexual interest aka doing whatever he wants and continuously changing their sex life so he isn't bored. It seems gals also have to cater to his ego ie cook for him/clean after him/coddle him/never criticize him and have to not be too invested ie clingy or too demanding/high maintenance ie actually have requests of her own that may inconvenience the male.

I find it's not easy for most gals to keep a guy as it seems most males do not want to be in a relationship in the first place seeing it as some hell/trap/ball and chain. Gals seemingly have to convince the male she is worth the trouble of having a relationship with her beyond fucking her... and continuously ensure he doesn't stray to other gals since the male mindset seems to be gals are interchangeable, replaceable, and upgradeable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both partners should continuously try and impress and be great partners for each other forever. Not just settle in once you've snagged them.

Also if it's easy for the woman to keep a man it's because maybe the guy just has low standards. Raise your standards and get a classier woman that will always want to spoil you. Spoiling each other should never be seen as a chore. It should be something you WANT to do for them. And if you don't want to do that for them a lot maybe you're with the wrong person.

What Girls Said 2

• Nope because I try very hard to keep everyone interested! (: Hmm... It seems we switched roles!

• It's the same as in the animal kingdom, it's the men that has to impress the women in order to have her

• but also us girls have to stay 'pretty and thin' for you guys or you lose interest ;)

What Guys Said 3

• As usual, it depends on the situation. I think once a couple is involved for a long enough period of time, they BOTH sort of give up. I see it all the time in aging couples, for instance.

But I do think women are equally insecure about losing their partner. Their efforts may not be as overt as a man's, but I do think they worry just as much as men. Then again, there's always the question of equal feelings... if one doesn't feel the same way about the other, well...

• If they're chumps yeah, if she's shallow and gets bored because you're not entertaining her like a little kid then she can leave and be easily be replaced.

• I don't know. I'll be back in a week after I ask her out. Peace