Why do high school aged white guys act so scared to talk to black girls?

Yesterday, I was at lunch and this girl came up to me and said "my friend Hunter thinks you're really cute but he's afraid to talk to you." So, I waved at him and he smiled and waved back at me. Today, I was walking with my brother and his friends when I saw him and smiled and he just turned his head quickly. Then at the end of the day, I was walking to the bus loop and he was with a group of people and he tried to secretly point but I saw him and this guy said "talk to her" he just kept staring at me. he's straightforward with other races of girls, so why not me?

What Guys Said 2

• It looks like he is interested but intimidated. Lol

• When I was in high school I wasn't scared to talk to black girls, I just didn't want to. The other thing is white and black has nothing to do with it, most guys that age are shy around all girls no matter the race.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably scared of what others will say. Black women have stigma of being mean and argumentative, also he was probably scared around your brother and his friends because he was afraid the black guys would beat him up. Also a lot of white guys are scared of black girls and black people in general. We're not the easiest to talk to because a lot of us put up a front and push men away just by our attitude. I do this all the time. If a guy tries to talk to me I'll side eye him and give him my best bitch face so he won't try it again. Its our way of testing them. Seeing who's 'hard" enough and also I do it sometimes just for fun, when I'm with my girls. We'll have contest about who can give the best bitch face to guys who try to talk to us. A lot of black women do the same so black women are known for being mean to guys. Either way he sounds like he likes you, so just go up to him. Don't wait for him to make a move. Black women when we want something we take it, so just go take what you want.