Guys, do you prefer more straight-forward women? Or a submissive ones?

I realize that everyone has different preferences when it comes to partners, but lately I've noticed men are liking women who speak up as opposed to those that don't. I'm not sure if age has anything to do with it, but if a woman has something to say, albeit her displeasure with a situation, or the way she's being treated, as long as she speaks up before letting it fester too long and does it with tact... even if you don't like what's being said... would you prefer that as opposed to a woman who may say nothing at all and just let it "go away?" Straight-forward and blunt? Or submissive and quiet?

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer straight forward and blunt. In my experience even the quiet and submissive end up becoming blunt so why waste the time?

• Thanks for the MHO :)

• Couldn't say it better myself.. You sound like a great catch :)

• Well thank you!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm both depending on who it is. Partner and friends is blunt as heck. They call me a bitch but I know they secretly love it.
    I called my bf's mom a bitch in front if her bc she said something mean. She looked at me and said "it takes one to know one." We had a bonding moment.

With people I'm unsure about, I'm quiet.

What Guys Said 15

• Well that's tough to answer but speaking in general, I think men prefer women who are assertive, straight forward and the one who speaks her mind however if the woman is blunt while expressing herself then that men won't really appreciate, of course being straight forward is good but then one can express themselves in a good way also other than being blunt and straight forward.

However yes, some men do prefer submissive and quite women and they do find such women attractive. Hence it's difficult to generalize.

There is also another point, the compatibility factor and the nature of that particular individual, meaning two people involved:

1. I am sure some people by nature are more assertive, confident and straight forward, whereas some are submissive by nature, quite by nature.

2. Now if the guy is very nice but also assertive, confident and straight forward then he will be fine if the woman is submissive and quite by nature.

3. If the guy is more submissive, quite by nature then he would certainly prefer the woman to be assertive, confident and the one who will have the "power in the relationship"

4. Hence the nature and thinking of the individual is also important while they choose their preference.

• Very good point. Lol. With all complexity aside, I think it's safe to say most people prefer a straight-forward woman with a tactful approach. At least, that is what I have gathered thus far.

• I like straight forward. When you beat around the bush it builds up and the problem just gets bigger. If someone is straight forward you might be able to have a civil conversation instead of an argument.

• As long as both people involved are willing to communicate civilly, yes I absolutely agree with you. Communication is key to any successful relationship.

• Open communication is far preferable than seething in silence.

Unmet expectations is one thing which really creates a downward spiral

• I rather just deal with the problem since I'm not a mind reader.

• I find shyness in girls adorable but actually I need a more straightforward girl since I am not the kind of guy who feels there's always the right moment to ask for a girls number if you know what I mean.

• One that puts out, And is good at it <3

• communication is key. the only reason i can see people choosing to remain silent not to create an issue where it's nonexistent.

when, where, and to whom is a matter of judgement, wisdom, and as you've said --- tact.

• but i prefer someone who speaks up too much (being anal), to someone who doesn't speak unless spoken to.

• Nag on little mama... -=]

Where in the US are you?

• Straight forward and honest. Submissive in bed.

• I think almost all guys collectively would appreciate girls bring straight forward

• I like a bit of mix. I don't necessarily desire blunt maybe if they add some tact it would be better. But between the two options you listed I would get with the straight-foward bluntness.

• you can be submissive and straightforward pick up a dictionary the word your looking for is dominant.

• Damn you're kindof an asshole lol

• LOL wow what a sad life you must live those glasses aren't fooling everyone.

• Actually I'm a secret agent. I look for shit talking douche nozzles on social media sites and call them out on their bullshit. They're usually compensating for something between the legs. Which is why they hide behind their laptop alone on Friday nights and cry tears of loneliness while most likely plotting out some sort of terrorist attack to seek revenge.

Go talk shit on someone else's profile, little man... you're not welcome here.

• Something in between.

• I like them straightforward. They're just easier to deal with.

• I prefer alittle bit of both but if i had to choose between them submissive

• If only @9fmeo would submit to my will like a good little girl.

What Girls Said 3

• I like women!

• Guys usually prefer direct women.

• At one point in time the straight forward women will be submissive and the submissive person will be straight forward. Each situation that occurs brings out different reactions.