Uh did I just get set up on a date?

So I have never been on a date or what not, so naturally I'm a bit uh inexperienced when it comes to these things.

I got a message from a facebook friend saying... "Hey! Are you going to be around Friday or this weekend? I'd love to introduce you to a friend of mine! No worries if you're not free though."

I didn't really think about it at this point, and said sure. I then half jokingly asked her if her friend needed music help (I know my facebook friend via music stuff mostly). She said more or less "Both of you just play cool musical instruments and I think you'd get along well!" Then she set a time and asked me if a local cafe in the area worked.

Did I... Did I just inadvertently get set up on a blind date? Or is this just like a "I think you two would be great friends so I'm introducing you" kind of thing?

I'm a bit confused and some help would be appreciated.

• Yes, you just got set up for a date.
  • No, she just thinks the two of us could be good friends.
  • I honestly don't know / Other
Contrary to people's beliefs (and a bit of a relief to me), it was just a "I think you two would be great friends so I'm introducing you" sort of thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a date to me. Have fun, honey. If you don't work out romantically, maybe you can be good friends. Just enjoy whatever it turns out to be. In all likelihood, you're just going to hang out with someone with similar interests. Who doesn't love that?

• Perfect answer.

• @WhatTheHellAmy people are always shocked when I give good advice. I'm not actually a rude person - I just have very low tolerance for bullshit.

• Omg I'm sorry, I know I said you were rude but the truth is harsh as some friend says and you're never afraid of telling it. That's why I wrongly perceived you as rude.

I've seen many good advises of you, it's not surprising for me. You would be surprised if I would tell you that I usually upvote your comments XD

And that's fucking great, I'm tolerant even when I don't have to, I'm still working to change that.

I'm sorry if you got me wrong, I fucking love your attitude.

Most Helpful Guy

• i believe the latter, she just thinks you two might get along well and she's setting you both up to meet, nothing is for sure, the end goals are entirely up to you both.

What Girls Said 15

• You might want to ask her in a discreet way, like who's going to be there with you and whether he's single, etc. From what you described, it could be friends or a date, but it seems more like she wants you to be friends bc you have some stuff in common, and if it proceeds from there, great :)

When you go, don't show up fancy like it's a date, but be dressed well enough that it would be acceptable if it turns out to be one. The best thing to do is just to ask her what she was thinking of by introducing you, for you two to date or just meet.

• Uh! Sounds like a date to me. Kinda sounds like your friend is trying to hook you and this chick up. Your friend used a common interest that the two of you shared and hoped that the pieces would fall in the right places (they totally did). Not to mention the set time and place which took no time at all to coordinate and put together. There is some SERIOUS magic brewing here. I've never been on a blind date but, I'm sure it won't be terrible. Your friend had good intentions when she/he figured you two would get along just fine. Who knows... She might be a hottie that plays the ukulele. You never know what you may get into unless you find out. I say. Look your best (maybe a nice t-shirt and jeans) and be yourself. Relax! Chill! And remember... It'll only go as far as you want it to. I. e. second date or never see eachother again. Whatever! Let me know how it goes too :)

• D'awwww I've been meaning to comment on this for a few days but I agree with @9mfeo. Just gooo with the flooooow. If you guys click as friends great! If you click romantically great! Just have fun!

• HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I am laughing my eyes out! YES you fool! How did you not see that! good luck on your date!

• LOL! pretty much Romeo ;P
    have fun with it though! don't stress and you'll be fine =]

• Yeah, sounds like a date hahah

About time tho! Haha sorry for being so bold and telling you this but it's surprising you're single and inexperience with these things.

• Soooo what are you wearing on the date? Have any idea yet? Lolol 🙈🙊

• I have no idea :O
      It is pretty casual and stuff so I'll probably just wear a polo/jeans.

• Ahah it went completely right over your head 😂 A polo and jeans sounds spot on! Are you nervous?

• Definitely a date I think, good luck! Sounds like you've already got something in common, so that makes things a bit easier for you already :)

• eywaa ;)
    yea man... you have a date coming up
    good lck and have fun xD

• Yeah, it seems like you got set up for a date lol.

• Yes you did laddie! I hope you have fun 😂😀👍

• Sounds like it buddy! Have fun :)

• Your so lucky p!! I've never been on a date lol have a great time!! 😊

• Ha-ha yes dude

• Yes, it sounds like a date to me. I mean, it might be that she is thinking you two could date, but at the very least be friends. But I am leaning more towards the dating.

What Guys Said 8