How can I work on the fact that I am an extremely jealous woman?

When it comes to dating and being in a relationship, I am a very jealous woman. I never felt this way until I fell in love with an awful partner who would compare me to other women. He was constantly seeking the attention and company of women who were not me and looked nothing like me. It destroyed our relationship and he got cussed out a hand full of times for being so disrespectful. Fast foward, I can feel that I am easily jealous and I don't want the guy I'm dating in the future to have a certain type of friendship/connection or regularity with a female. I realize this isn't exactly fair because there are guys out there who have friendships with females so if we meet and begin dating, I'll come off as jealous and controlling like I'm trying to tell them what to do with their lives. It really hurts when a man hurts your self-esteem to the point where you question things that may not need to be questionned.

How can I work on this? What can I do about this feeling? Can you talk me through this? Please & thank you.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you have strong residual feelings for your ex. Accompanying those feelings are the ever reminding issues that formed as the result of the relationship with him.

So, let's start there. Are you totally over your ex?

• Yes. He was horrible to me. The most absolutely worse love I could have ever imagined.

• How long has it been since the relationship ended?

The fact that you remained in the relationship after the initial mistreatment suggests you may have had self-esteem or dependency issues prior to the relationship, no?

Also, you seem completely self-aware. Is such the case when your emotions are high?

What Girls Said 0