What does it mean when a guy calls you his ex's name?

This guy that I've been seeing and I have had a difficult relationship, it's a little bit a of a struggle, but one night we were joking around and connected in a way that we haven't before. We were sitting on the couch about to watch a movie and I said something to which he accidentaly called me by his ex's name.

It ruined the mood completely and he tried to ignore it at first, then when I pointed it out, he tried to joke about it, jokingly calling me that name again. I know he thinks about her a lot and still misses her. Does this mean he is wishing it was her there with instead of me?

you're right, I don't think that he is over her. It's been more than a year though. I guess you can't put a time limit on grief. loss is loss.

Most Helpful Guy

• They were together a long time, i'm guessing.
    The answer is the opposite of what you think, it means he's feeling about you the way he used to think about her.

If it happens a lot, then freak out. But hasn't your mouth said something not what your brain was thinking? Its a slip. Happens to everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was a slip. He probably does miss her, but that doesn't necessarily mean he wants to replace you with her.

What Guys Said 2

• No, I don't think he wants to be with her again, it's just that she might still be in his memory but there is nothing really to worry about.

• No. I doubt he is wanting her back. It depends on how long the relationship with his ex was. If it was a decent enough time, then this mistake would be common.

Likely he was embarrassed by his mistake, which he tried to cover up with humour. I dont doubt that he is broken up about his loss, but people do get over their ex's.

Perhaps, and this is a stretch, he is not quite over his ex just yet?

What Girls Said 1

• I'm so sorry about that but yeah, apparently yeah, he misses her.