Do low maintenance relationships work?

To keep it short, this one girl I have had feelings for quite some time now wants to date me. I would love to (of course) except my time with her will be limited (because I am focused on studies) as in only seeing each other on saturdays and maybe around school but thats it. Will that work or is it not worth the effort?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest with her about your schedule and simply ask her if that will work for a while. Eventually you'll have to either invest more time or walk away. But it can't hurt to test the waters.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes it can work if the both of you agree in this type of relationship. i feel as though there's a quality about about you she is really drawn to in you. she is going to make the sacrifice now to see you on the weekend or in passing knowing there's a better future when your done with school.

What Girls Said 6

• My most awesome marriage was a long-term relationship for the first 14 months. We only saw each other every month or two. It was most excellent -- and probably more conducive to developing a relationship with real depth.

In fact, I'm a pretty staunch advocate of an LDR phase in any long-term relationship. Both people should have lives of their own. If you can't survive apart, then yr relationship most likely isn't a good or healthy one.

BUT...
    What's the real reason?
    Do you also have a 30-40hr/wk job, or something? Because, really, school isn't THAT hard or all-consuming.

• Relationships take work. The amount of work must be agreed upon by both parties. If she expects lots of effort and you don't deliver... that's bad.

• My relationship is currently like this, though we are both equally busy. I think it's convenient, because sometimes I'm tired from work and school. So is he. The mutual understanding that sometimes we need chill time/alone time is great.

Buuuut sometimes one party will start to feel neglected by the other.

• It might work if she's equally busy so she doesn't feel neglected

• Talk about it with her. Ask her what her expectations are, and be clear what you can give.

• It could work, except people tend to cheat when given too much freedom nowadays so there's that.

What Guys Said 3

• If you are honest and upfront with her about you being able to spend only limited time with her, and she is fine with that, then it will definitely work! :)

• Yes, it can work but you'll have to be honest with her and tell her that you can only spend limited time.

• They can. They have.

Especially in a situation as yours. Since she is a student, as well, it's safe to assume your tight schedule will resonate with her.