Do low maintenance relationships work?

To keep it short, this one girl I have had feelings for quite some time now wants to date me. I would love to (of course) except my time with her will be limited (because I am focused on studies) as in only seeing each other on saturdays and maybe around school but thats it. Will that work or is it not worth the effort?

0|0
7|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest with her about your schedule and simply ask her if that will work for a while. Eventually you'll have to either invest more time or walk away. But it can't hurt to test the waters.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• yes it can work if the both of you agree in this type of relationship. i feel as though there's a quality about about you she is really drawn to in you. she is going to make the sacrifice now to see you on the weekend or in passing knowing there's a better future when your done with school.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• My most awesome marriage was a long-term relationship for the first 14 months. We only saw each other every month or two. It was most excellent -- and probably more conducive to developing a relationship with real depth.

In fact, I'm a pretty staunch advocate of an LDR phase in any long-term relationship. Both people should have lives of their own. If you can't survive apart, then yr relationship most likely isn't a good or healthy one.

BUT...
    What's the real reason?
    Do you also have a 30-40hr/wk job, or something? Because, really, school isn't THAT hard or all-consuming.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships take work. The amount of work must be agreed upon by both parties. If she expects lots of effort and you don't deliver... that's bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • My relationship is currently like this, though we are both equally busy. I think it's convenient, because sometimes I'm tired from work and school. So is he. The mutual understanding that sometimes we need chill time/alone time is great.

Buuuut sometimes one party will start to feel neglected by the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • It might work if she's equally busy so she doesn't feel neglected

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk about it with her. Ask her what her expectations are, and be clear what you can give.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could work, except people tend to cheat when given too much freedom nowadays so there's that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• If you are honest and upfront with her about you being able to spend only limited time with her, and she is fine with that, then it will definitely work! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it can work but you'll have to be honest with her and tell her that you can only spend limited time.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can. They have.

Especially in a situation as yours. Since she is a student, as well, it's safe to assume your tight schedule will resonate with her.

0|0
    0|0