Is not dating someone because they have the wrong hair color a female thing?

I've heard guys talking about having a favorite hair color but never heard of one flat out refusing to date a girl because she didn't have it.
But I've heard women make this claim frequently.

• Yes
    11% (7)46% (17)24% (24)Vote
  • No
    89% (57)54% (20)76% (77)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
15|5

Most Helpful Girl

• That's such a stupid, childish excuse not to date someone. Wow just wow Zombie.. Some people are loco

5|1
    0|1
    • Yeah loco as all hell!

• Show All
    • Yah but i'm unusually wordsy, in general. Lol

I just think it's a mistake to take this so literally, that's all.

• @redeyemindtricks then I'm sure you'll be able to express how you feel without an issue.

Can't really reads ones mind, people just have to communicate, and even by then, people still find it hard to

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Ha when I was blonde I got the wrong kind of attention from guys and not the
    Oh let's date kind at all
    So I feel like some guys judge harshly on hair colour
    They were shocked when I actually said something smart
    Those fuckers

5|1
    0|0
    • I've always been blonde naturally, and I've experienced so many hurtful comments because of it. All from guys. So honestly, I agree with you. I don't know any women who would be a jerk about hair color, and I've never heard of such a shallow thing... but when it comes to hair color I feel like guys care more because they treat blondes like promiscuous idiots.

• lol i have never refused someone because of their hair color! if their hair is bright green or something that might be a turn off, but i think having bright green says something about their personality so that may be a legit reason to refuse them, as i don't think i would get along well with a guy whose personality allows him to dye his hair bright green! :p

0|1
    0|0
  • lol id never do that. i keep an open mind when I'm dating.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have preferences, but this is sooo dumb. I would never reject someone because they aren't gingers let's say lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a thing, and a pathetic thing at that. If a guy actually wouldn't date a girl just because of her hair color, then he won't ever get a woman, period.

1|1
    0|0
  • I personally could care less about hair color, and I don't think that's a very good reason not to date someone. I've never really heard of anyone refusing to date someone over hair color, although I am sure that it does happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never heard of that happening outside of a C-list teen comedy.

0|1
    0|0
  • The girl just might not be attracted to men with a certain hair color.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's stupid but u have to think y people do it. Like we date people in hopes of marriage and having kids so there's a chance your child will be brunette or a red head if u date a brunette or red head guy. Therefore if u think it's unattractive you'll not be dating them because your child will also look that way n it's no one's goal to have a child they see as unattractive. It's natural selection.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, That's stupid lol

• ^^ Nope. I mean, I can only speak for myself. But even as much of a hardcore nurd gurl as I am, I do not do mental Punnett squares when I look at a man.
      LOL

• Omg dude how many times I have been told by guys that they would never have a relationship with me because I have dark hair! It's not a lady thing.. men do it as well. >:(

0|1
    0|0
  • It's shallow to not date someone simply because of a small factor about their looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • It probably is a thing. But I would never do that

1|1
    0|0
  • I've never heard of a girl doing that before. That's extremely stupid.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've honestly not heard men or women do that

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Girls do dumb crap like that all the time. The "preferences" I've heard girls tell me are unbelievable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah man

0|1
    0|0
  • Hair colour doesn't really matter to me but i don't like redheads that much.

0|1
    0|0
  • I refuse to date another blonde

0|1
    0|0