I think I messed up... what should I do?

I have been dating a guy for two months. I like him and like to spend time with him. Lately he has been very busy - having extra job tasks- and last time I was feeling bad because he was very late to our date many times.

I found myself accepting another guy's invitation to a drink online. I have never seen this guy and I told him OK let's meet. I was feeling ignored by my boyfriend and was thinking we will break up.

Now I am thinking I shouldn't have agreed to see that guy because it looks strange- a. Not single anymore.

How can I fix this without hurting anyone?

• I shouldn't see the other guy
  • I can see the other guy

Most Helpful Guy

• Go and have a drink with this guy. After all, it's only a drink, a social thing. You're not going to bed this guy on the first date, are you? I'm sure you are too much of a lady for that sort of thing to go on.

Most Helpful Girl

• At least tell your guy how your feeling before meeting other guys maybe he really is busy would you want him doing that cuz you had to work late probably not!

What Guys Said 6

• Tell your boyfriend he needs to spend more time with you cause atm he isn't otherwise you'll look elsewhere.

• Think about it this way... if the situation was reversed and he went to get a drink with another girl in the exact same fashion for the exact same reasons. How would you fee km about that?

• You're right. I did that in a moment of feeling down, but I have felt guilty about it.

• Why do you people always look for a way to make everything right? Do you know what the fundamental law of physics is? Energy cannot be destroyed or created, it merely transforms between different states.

"I was feeling ignored by my boyfriend" - underline the word boyfriend. I thought yous had just been hangin out, why do you say he is/was your boyfriend?

The possibility is, the guy that has been working hard doesn't give a rat's ass, because he is too occupied with more important things at the time.
    Or he would trip, but would, very briefly after, realize that he hasn't had any time for you and all that jazz.

You are already hurt, the way you can cause the least amount of damage is to be honest about it.

Ultimately, it's your decision - collateral damage is inevitable. That shouldn't stop you from doing what you think is best for you.

• First of all, try to fix all with your boyfriend, make a deal, cause if he's too busy it's justified

• Solve it with the your boyfriend first then meet the other guy, even if you have to do it in an urgent meeting or phone call, it feels much better also you will start positive with no issues.

• From the words you wrote, it sounds like the actual boyfriend works his ass off doing more and more, which means having less and less time for you, and you take the first steps toward cheating on him because you feel ignored.

I dont know what to say at this point. :/

• It's not cheating. It's just in the past I was so committed a guy and I missed the attention of others, to end up realizing that the guy was a jerk.

What Girls Said 0